"REALITY TV" - (+ TV in general ....)

2021 ........

Ninja Warrior - returning soon to Chn. 9 ..... 

Bachelor - scheduled to return - Chn. 10

Farmer Wants a Wife - also returning 

MasterChef - currently showing...Chn. 10 .... 

Dancing with the Stars - currently showing

The Cube - currently showing

1506 comments

Hi all just checking in with friends here summer over --thank goodness it was mild -- except for you poor SA & WA folks

And I did not have to sign in here at all today --

Has anybody been watching Restoration Australia on the ABC at 5pm? What a great show. It tells you about Australians who love to buy up old country homes and restores them to their former glory. Last week a couple bought a terrace home down at the Rocks near the Harbour View Hotel and all the problems the builders have restoring these homes. Also 7.30pm Channel 9 Friday, Escape to the Chateau. A lovely couple are restoring a lovely old Castle. I just love these shows and makes me think I have missed my calling, as I too love to restore antiques and old picture frames..

I enjoy those shows too Hola though I would never have the patience and expertise to do the incredible restorations they achieve.

Hola, Restoration Australia is a great programme, it is pleasing to see people with talent and skills undertaking projects which are beneficial to Australia and the community in general.
It sure beats wasting time to watch men and women leaping around colourful swings, slides and monkey bars which doesn't create any benefits to anyone, and it's not even funny, dramatic or creative as is Restoration Australia.

I like that show too, but you are wrong to say that Ninja show does not benefit anyone, it has inspired many young people to get off the couch and away from computers to better themselves and their health which means they will not be such a drain on society. Some of the background stories of the contestants has been inspiring for many. 

Last night I watched

Extinction With David Attenborough

With a million species at risk of extinction, David Attenborough explores how this crisis of biodiversity has consequences for us all, including putting us at greater risk of pandemic diseases.

It is well worth watching and can be seen on iview on ABC -

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/extinction-with-david-attenborough/video/ZW2503A001S00

Thanks Suze.

Wonder where Foxy is???

I was wondering where Foxy is too --

Hi "guys" - called "Dealing with a few of life's curve-balls"!!!   Argh  ...death seems to be all around of late ...awful.  I'm actually typing this floating on a cloud - haha - no I'm ok.  Geez probably shouldn't have said that? What's that old saying "many a true word spoken in jest?" lol 

Nice to see the Forum back in decent working order and also nice that you thought of me - thank you.  

Managed to yawn my way thru to the last episode of MAFS (awful season that it was) and currently been watching Old Folks Home for 4 year Olds - lol - cute show (saw last years too)  I'm not that big on "kids" however I think the little Chinese guy is really cool and so intelligent for his age!  Next week is the last episode (think?) ...the Concert? 

Will pop in again soon and nice to catch up a bit .....................  :)

I have been watching David Attenborough's docos as well but the darn background music is so darn annoying and drowns out his voice to the extent I ended up turning it off

Ha ha can relate to the annoying background music, they have to make it dramatic otherwise people may fall asleep.

We have Express VPN and watch BBC iPlayer along with ITV, each have an enormous range of great programmes.
If we didn't have a VPN we would only watch ABC or ABC iView because all 'unreality' local TV shows are utter garbage.

Hola, we also watch Restoration Australia, a great programme, especially for people with enquiring minds.

Love that show -- Restoration Australia -- his voice is very harsh -- there are a lot of great docos on now -- and some other very interesting shows --

Michael Mosley: Trust Me, I'm A DoctorThursday 8th April at 8:30 pm (60 minutes)

Trust Me, I'm A Doctor Series 8 Ep 2: Michael Mosley finds out whether a glass of wine can protect your blood vessels from the harmful effects of junk food.

Giles Yeo sets out to test home breathalyser kits - and uncovers a potentially dangerous weakness in the drink-drive laws in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Zoe Williams finds out what you can do to improve your health if you are living with cancer.

And Gabriel Weston has the lowdown on what is safe to eat and drink when you are pregnant.

Michael finds out whether singing can boost feel-good chemicals in the brain, Zoe discovers why music could help people with dementia, and Alain looks at some new research showing the surprising benefits of group singing for mothers with post-natal depression.

Also in the programme, Giles finds out whether 'man flu' is real, and Gabriel asks whether detoxing is a con. 

Just about to watch on SBS :)

I am hoping that I recorded this show Suze -- he is always very interesting.

If you don't have Foxtel, Telstra TV or a VPN and would like to watch a variety of great British TV shows, then the newly released BritBox is available in Australia.

$8.99 per month is $2.08 per week.

Judge John Deed

Monday 12th April at 8:30 pm (120 minutes)

Political Expediency:

Judge John Deed faces a challenging dilemma when the driver of an Arab sheikh is charged with murdering a young prostitute.

The political ramifications are enormous as the sheikh was in the UK to place a 10 billion pound aeroplane order and Deed finds himself caught in the middle as pressure from both the British and Gulf State Governments intensifies.

I look forward to seeing this to night :)

:) Enjoy Suze, love Martin Shaw's roles and am a big fan of him in the Inspector George Gently series.

Got lucky twice in one evening

Also watched

Dancing With The Stars: All Stars

at 7.30 which also most enjoyable

Who Is In the Dancing With The Stars Australia 2021 Cast — TheLatch—

Yes RnR I too am a Inspector George Gently fan :)

Used to watch the Judge regularly years ago, gosh how time flies he has new series now, remember him as a curly haired young man.

Martin Shaw years ago!

George Gently' Star Martin Shaw Reveals He Made FOUR Series Of 'The  Professionals' Under Duress | HuffPost UK

Inspector Gently, prefer him as the Judge. Darcia Martin 

Is Inspector George Gently coming back? BBC1 drama will end with two final  feature-length episodes to conclude 8th series. Also airing on ABC in  Australia - Radio Times

Anyone watched Celebrity Apprentice? I thought it was better than expected, good to see them raising so much money for charity.

Ninja Warrior starts Sunday, looking forward to seeing that too.

Foxy where are you?

Incognito - I watched Celebrity Apprentice and did enjoy some of it. Couldn't stand that blond bird, Martha who was on Married At First Sight, she always had too much to say and towards the end when she got booted off she put on a big turn pleading to stay until the Finals. She said she deserved to go forward as it would open up her life to getting more work etc. but Lord Sugar saw through her saying she was not in it to promote herself, but to raise money for her Charity. So glad to hear him say "You're Fired".

I thought the winner was well deserved except she would not have earned so much money if she did not reign in all her supporters. Ross worked so hard with so much energy I was hoping he would win, was hilarious what he came up with too, people had much more fun than the boring charity auction.

Ninja Warrior, must be a joke, the real life of a Ninja warrior in the past consisted of skills which would make the players in the Ninja Warrior TV game look like children in a kindegarden.
The TV show is close to a Disney cartoon series.

I agree it should be called something else but still good to see fit and active people achieve things.

Incognito

try watching some gymnastics on SBS ... Rhythmic gymnastics is absolutely unbelievable

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/sport/gymnastics

Suze, too many people use the word 'unbelievable' incorrectly, you were watching gymnastics on TV and believed their actions, therefore the actions cannot be unbelievable.
adjective. unbelievable :- too dubious or improbable to be believed: 

Synonymn for Unbelievable = incredible / marvelous

A list of TV shows which are an insult to the intelligence of sagacious individuals.

Ninja Warrior - returning soon to Chn. 9 ..... 

Bachelor - scheduled to return - Chn. 10

Farmer Wants a Wife - also returning 

MasterChef - currently showing...Chn. 10 .... 

Dancing with the Stars - currently showing

The Cube - currently showing

What a miserable individual you are!

We would not do to have all the same taste buds!

Or is someone trying to get more people on the site to get more activity?

By the way if I have made an error excuse me because I am 5 weeks away from having a stroke and I am learning to read, but I seem to be able to type.

No wonder not many respond on this site anymore with comments like these two.

Have a nice day and enjoy your life.

I don't watch reality TV programs personally but would never criticize them or those who enjoy them on here ... each to their own entertainment I say.

A list of TV shows which are an insult to the intelligence of sagacious individuals.

Totally uncalled for comment IMO.

Suze, if you play with synonyms you need to check a thesaurus to learn the exact meaning of words.

Unbelievable = "not able to be believed; unlikely to be true." and incorrectly used as an exclamation by people who have little or no knowledge of the plethora of descriptive words available in a dictionary.
Use the accurate and correct words for an outstanding action or creation.

Why does Channel  2 and SBS put the best shows on after 12 o'clock at night?. I have been watching with great interest, Mother, Father, Son and last night Ministeries Trust Me. It got me totally involved with the storyline but it started at 12 am..  and finished at 4.o5. I couldn't keep my eyes open after 3am and had to go to bed. Never found out what happened at the end. Very intriguing. I don't have a recorder. Did anyone watch it to tell me what happened in the end??Another good show is Jack Irish ABC Sunday night.

No don't watch it, you need a recorder Hola, other option is go on SBS demand and ABC iview to watch what you missed (it is free to use).

Suze, do NOT assume because you do not know me so stick with your garbage TV shows which only require low intelligence to watch them.

Hola, that is because there is a continued push to promote local shows at peak viewing time, the ACCC do not like shows that are made in Britain, USA or Europe.The talent in local shows is no-where near world standard, and there are few local, good actors who stay in Australia, their talent is wasted here and that is why the large majority of people watch British shows, and they think the way I do, but Celia doesn't like my comments, too bad, I write what I think and I refuse to watch local shows, some are a fake anyway ----

Bachelor is a fake, and there is no such thing as a bachelorette, an un-married woman of marrying age is a spinster.
Farmer Wants A Wife, is a fake as I know many young farmers who rubbish the show.
MasterChef does not have chefs, they are cooks, Chef is French for Chief, a kitchen boss-man who supervises the cooks.
Dancing With The Stars is not dancing, it is acrobatics to music, it's supposed to be a professional show, but repetitive and boring, and where are the professional dancers.
Ninja Warriors, what is the point, nothing interesting happens and The Club, not worth wasting more typing.

Obviously there is something drastically wrong with your prefrontal cortex. You seem to have great difficulty processing information. My suggestion is: You need to book a few appointments with a psychiatrist.

No one cares what you watch, what you eat or which toilet brush you use to clean your teeth. Have a nice day!

Thanks Incognito I will check out SBS demand and ABC iview never knew that before.

I also find that any shows that are relating to what has taken place in say politics or is very interesting can be put on in the early hours of the morning too -- if you can get a recorder they are well worth it

Unfortunately, evening TV viewing to begin with on 7, 9 and 10 are full of ads, not simple ads, but ads that do not in any way represent the product being promoted, and the more ridiculous and stupid they become they are totally annoying.
Local, prime-time TV shows, I agree with Spectre, that is why a huge majority of viewers pay for Netflix, Foxtel, Britbox, Telstra TV, Acorn, Stan, and a VPN to watch a huge variety of British and European shows, and paying to watch an enormous range of shows in many gendres is worth it to get away from the local, sub-standard, even impractical, as in good-for-nothing, non-exciting amateur productions.

FirstPrev104105106107108NextLast(page 107/108)
1506 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment