Interesting stuff to share

The Beach boys in a recording studio in 1962

FirstPrev 114 115 116 117 118 NextLast(page 116/407)
5694 comments

Gladys Berejiklian, has been approached by senior Liberals in the state to run for the federal seat of Warringah.  Some federal MPs say Berejiklian is seriously considering the proposal to switch to federal politics, but believe she wants to wait until the investigation being undertaken by the independent commission against corruption is complete.

She'll fit right in at a Federal level, no irritating ICAC to worry about there.  LOL

Karen and her husband blocking parking spots for their family who were "right around the corner"

Where was that Toot?

In the US RnR but it happened to us in Bondi Junction years ago, when we finally drove slowly into the spot, the lady was flapping her arms and cursing us in a foreign accent - "I keeping this for my husband" she said over and over.

Spotted in Dubai

What a contrast.

Certainly is RnR!  LOL

West Malling, UK

People queue for fuel at a BP station in Kent. The Petrol Retailers Association, which represents almost 5,500 of the UK’s 8,000 filling stations, said about 20% of forecourts in London and the south-east were out of fuel on Monday

Photograph: Dan Kitwood/Getty Images

Not good in some parts of the UK from what I've read recently.

Perth, Australia

Family and supporters demonstrate outside the district court of West Australia where a police officer is charged with murder over the shooting of an Aboriginal woman

Photograph: Richard Wainwright/AAP

Australia must be ready for the “possibility” of a major international conflict between western and eastern powers should Xi Jinping’s China decide to take Taiwan, according to ASPI Senior Analyst Dr Malcolm Davis.  It comes as tension has further escalated between China and Taiwan after Chinese fighter jets were seen off the island’s coast.  Dr Davis said China fully expects to face US and allied nations in conflict should it attempt to take Taiwan.  “I think they’re quite ready for that” he said.

Please leave us out of it.

Unfortunately, think we are already right in it thanks to Scomo's submarine deal.

This man using a measuring tape to divide a baguette in exact thirds, says something about his personality but not sure what. lol

This creature now walks among us.

Convicted gang rapist Mohammed Skaf walks from Long Bay Correctional facility. Picture: NCA NewsWire/Dylan Coker

Toot - What a scum of a man he is, he should have been given life for all the atrocities he and his gang committed on those poor girls. 

Agree Hola, it's at times like this that I wish we still had the death penalty, scum like him don't deserve to live.

Awful man.

A WA police officer is on trial for murder, believed to be the first time a police officer has been charged with such an offence in almost 100 years in WA 

The court was shown CCTV footage from a house on Petchell Street of JC being shot.

One police car arrived on the scene and drove alongside JC, with an officer calling out for her to drop the knife.

The officer in the passenger seat radioed back that they had located someone carrying a knife and a pair of pink-handled scissors.

She radioed back again, saying they had told her to drop the knife or they would taser her, but she had ignored them.

Another marked police car arrived and pulled in front of her, an officer got out of the vehicle and began trying to talk to JC.

Ms Forrester said that officer, Senior Constable Barker, was of the view he could talk her down.

He was one of the officers who had dealt with her when she called on September 7 with mental health concerns.

Another officer got out of his vehicle and drew his taser but did not arm it.

An orange unmarked police car then arrived on the scene carrying the accused in the passenger seat.

CCTV footage showed he jumped out and ran towards the woman who seconds later was lying crumpled to the ground.

Ms Forrester said the accused shot JC in the abdomen, severing her iliac vein.

She was taken to hospital but died of internal bleeding…..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-05/aboriginal-woman-jc-murder-trial-police-shooting-geraldton/100502832

This case reminds me of an over zealous police officer IMO, remember Mohamed Noor?

Mohamed Noor was sentenced to 12 and a half years for murder but not sentenced for manslaughter.  The ruling means his murder conviction is overturned and the case will now go back to the district court, where he will be sentenced on the manslaughter count.

A dead guitar fish on the beach after an oil spill believed to have originated from a pipeline

Photograph: Allen J Schaben/Los Angeles Times/Rex/Shutterstock

Dreadful. Where was that Toot?

Eisenhuttenstadt, Germany
A girl from Iraq poses for a photo next to a holding facility. Police have been detaining a growing number of migrants, many from Iraq, who have been arriving at the German border from Poland. 
Photograph: Maja Hitij/Getty Images

Amritsar, India
A man practices yoga on a pavement

Photograph: Narinder Nanu/AFP/Getty Images

Hundreds of Afghans gathered outside the passport office in Kabul today after the Taliban announced that tens of thousands of people would be allowed to leave the country.  From the early morning hundreds gathered waving paperwork at guards as crowds surged towards a concrete barrier outside the passport office. The crowds began to form after the Taliban announced that 25,000 passports were ready to be issued.

Hope those that want to get out.

Adrian James 2, who tested positive for the coronavirus, breathes with the help of a ventilator at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital in St Louis, Missouri. Reuters/Callaghan O’Hare

Toot - That poor little darling, I hope he pulls through. I wish my sister could see that photo as she still refuses to get the vaccine. No wonder Melbourne is so far behind because of antivaccers.

Poor baby.

We've had cases here too with 5 cases now linked to Canberra's special care nursery at the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children. A second baby and a worker at the unit tested positive overnight. 

FirstPrev 114 115 116 117 118 NextLast(page 116/407)
5694 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment