Wishes and Resolutions for the New Year 2015... e-cig to kick the habit

What resolutions have you made for 2015 ???

What would you like to see happen in 2015 ???

May 2015 be filled with Health, Hapiness and Laughter

32 comments

I make Lemon Syrup to put in water, but have never made the lemonade.  You could just make the Syrup and put Soda Water or lemonade in it.

Will check to see whether I have a recipe anywhere, but about to go out for tea at daughters place.

Viv I use Jackie French's recipe

Homemade Lemonade.

Ingredients

4 cups sugar                                                                                                   

2 cups water                                                                                                 

2 cups fresh lemon juice                                                                                    

2 teaspoons citric acid                                                                                      

2 teaspoons tartaric acid                                                                            

Water or soda water                                                                                         

Ice                                                                                                             

mint leaves                                                                   

Method.

Place sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.  Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the lemon juice, citric and tartaric acid.   Bring to the boil again, then take off the heat and funnel into sterilised bottles.  Put some of the mixture into a glass and top up with water/soda water (if you like your drink fizzy.)   Add ice, garnish with a sprig of fresh mint or slice of lemon.

Viv I make up a double or triple lot at a time.  I put my bottles in the oven for about 15 mins at 100 C and fill one at a time and screw the lid on.  This makes the syrup keep longer.  Just make sure the bottles PING after as this ensures it is preserved properly as the lid tightens to make a good seal.

You will really hear the bottles PING.    Just keep in a cool place.

PS as  can't edit

I also use this recipe for  orange (or a mix of orange & lemon) lime.

I make a pretty mean Ginger Beer too if you want that recipe.

Ginger Beer Recipe

Yes please :)

Years since I tasted home made Ginger Beer :)

Hoping the right decisions are really right for us.

200 × 200 - s618.photo.

I heard on the TV this morning that most resolutions fail mostly because they are something the individual does not really want to do - so choose the resolutions wisely and make sure they are positive.

Vaping seems to be a good solution if you have to give up smoking ..thanks for the advise Sandi.

Do you use the nicotine based ones ?

Good idea Sandi as it is the nicotine that is good for you not the other stuff in cigarettes ..

What is vaping Sandi?

Not bad for a "know all" - to finally admit  to "not knowing something" lol - everyone knows what vaping is!  Duh

Agree Gerry especially verbal diarrhea

Foxy
avater
2nd Jan 2015
2:17pm

Not bad for a "know all" - to finally admit  to "not knowing something" lol - everyone knows what vaping is!  Duh

lol lol lol - What silly old "bully boys" you two are!   Yoiu should be ashamed of yourselves!!!  You are not "men"at all -  you both are ignorant "whimps"! lol lol Q.  Do you treat the "women" in your families like you do people online???  lol Probably!!!  -  and to think this is the start of 2015? lol lol lol - well -  Good For You "  - bully boys"!!! You are both DISGUSTING" -  UGH!

I'm deeply offended: I am not old - I am debonair!! 

..... debonaire "bully boy" - you don't eat dinner and have a wine?  I do - cya! :-)

Pity e- cigarettes of any sort are banned in Western Australia which is why the only way I found out what "vaping" was, was when it was mentioned quite some time ago on this site.

There are hundreds of websites Viv. where you can purchase all kinds of E-Cigs!  You can even buy cocaine or any drugs you want on "Silk Road" - nothing is "banned" on the internet ...and if - if it ever has been it will "pop up" within 24 hours under another name - (just like a few people on here do!)   :-)

Guess so:-

lol - another "bully whimp" -  keep out of this OB! lol 

Why would you get yourself involved in this Phyl? As Davey said - "you are an interferring OB" !!! lol - he is right! Surprised his post was NOT taken down? lol - Good "specials" at Aldi tomorrow - "be there or be square" lol - I would hazard a guess at which one you are? lol lol lol .....................

Wishes for 2015

May the New Year 2015 hold good health, wealth and happiness for you

and your loved ones!

Brings such a smile to my face and my soul.

Thank you, Abby.

That's my GD, always words of wisdom and with pictures that make you feel good and makes you smile.

$eth

No wonder I am your GD

..you are so nice and know how to make a girl smile.

Ta Abby !

SD

What cute pictures! I would also like to spend more time in the garden. 

You may be able to buy them online ?

ALL OUR JUICES ARE ZERO NICOTINE TO COMPLY WITH AUSTRALIAN LAWS - IF YOU REQUIRE NICOTINE PLEASE VISIT OUR NICOTINE INFO GUIDE WHICH EXPLAINS HOW TO PURCHASE NICOTINE LEGALLY FROM OVERSEAS - LINK TO NICOTINE INFO GUIDE HERE

E-Cigarettes Australia would never promote or encourage anybody to take up smoking.

Our products are designed to help smokers who cannot give up and those who are trying to quit.

....by the end of this year British Tobacco Co. will be one of the largest distributors of E-Cigs worldwide...... people are not buying "cigs" as much because of the expense and taxes countries are putting on them  .... E-cigs are the cigs of the future (until they think up something else!) 

Hundreds of E-Cig. sites online - hundreds! They not that cheap either! 

P.S. Loved your pics. Abby - just confirmed again how animals far outweigh the majority of the human race!  :-)

Abby this interested me as we have very strict Import and Quarantine laws in WA, used to see the occasional adverts on FB but then there was an announcement with them that said a heavy fine applied to any one importing into WA obviously including by post and it would no longer be done.

Kicking the habit just got a bit trickier in Western Australia, and it's got implications that could affect the rest of the nation. The WA Supreme Court has just ruled that E-Cigarettes - those fancy glowing nicotine vaporisers that are supposedly safe to use indoors - are illegal under the state's Tobacco Products Control Act. The case allegedly sets legal precedent that could flow on to other states and threaten the legal status of the battery powered lung darts.

This particular case has been ongoing since around 2011, and involves the WA Health Department and a gentleman by the name of Vincent Van Heerden, who at the time ran a small business known as HeavenlyVapours. "The products fall afoul of the law because the WA Tobacco Act prohibits the sale of any product that looks like a cigarette, is shaped like a cigarette, produces smoke (or in this case vapour) that resembles that of a cigarette, but isn't actually a cigarette. So whilst the purchase of actual cigarettes remains perfectly legal, purchasing products that look like them, but aren't, is not." 

The laws on smoking in Public places in WA are very strict too.

In that case many foods that are in the shape of cigs would also be illegal to sell under that sort of laws .. I remember being able to buy fags at the local corner stores which was a white shaped lolly in shape of the cig with a red tip but it did not induce me or my friends to smoke.

It seems illogical to me for it to be legal to sell cigs and not e- cigs

It is just the government trying to extrude money from those that are addicted.

Just a thought Viv

What if the e Cig was in the shape of a Cigar ???

http://www.veppocig.com/electronic-cigarettes-with-nicotine-for-australia/

Thanks Abbs

FirstPrev123NextLast(page 2/3)
32 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment