TOUR DE FRANCE 2015 and 2016

Image result for image for tour de france emblem 2015

Image result for winning first stage rohan dennis

Rohan Dennis wins first stage, Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Second Stage won by Andre Greipel of Germany

Image result for winner of second stage tour de france 2015

Well done!

Image result for joaquim rodriguez tour de france 2015

Congrats to Stage 3 winner - Joaquim Rodriguiz of Spain!!!

Image result for tony martin stage four winner tour de france 2015

Stage 4 winner Tony Martin of Germany. Well done!!

Image result for winner stage five winner of 2015 tour de france

Andre Greipel does it again. Stage 5 winner. Congrats!!!

Image result for zdenek Stybar winning stage 6

The Czech Zdenek Stybar did it this time winning Stage 6, great race!!!

Image result for mark cavendish winning stage 7 tour de france 2015

Great ride and congrats to Mark Cavendish Stage 7 British winner!!!

Image result for tour de france 2015 stage 8 winner alexis vuillermoz

Fantastic win for Frenchman Alexis Vuillermoz Stage 8. Well done!!

Image result for image of bmc winning stage 9

What a tight race BMC taking away the win for team time trials for Stage 9 folowed by Sky by a hair's width. Good one guys. 

Image result for chris froome

Congratulations to Britain's Chris Froome retaining his yellow jersey for Stage 9. Fantastic effort!!!!

July 13th teams are having a well earned rest day. Tour commences again on 14th

..and he does it again!!

Image result for chris froome tour de france 2015

Chris Froome of Britain wins Stage 10. My word what a race. Congratulations!!

Image result for winner of stage 11 Rafal Majka Tour de france 2015

Tough climb and dangerous descent for Rafal Majka, but this didn't deter the Polish rider from winning Stage 11. Well done!!

Image result for winner of stage 12 tour de france

Spain's Joaquim Rodriguiz does it again. Second stage win of the Tour getting victory at Stage 12. Great ride!!

Image result for winner of stage 13 tour de france

Belgian  Greg Van Avermaet and BMC rider took the glory for Stage 13. Fantastic finish and congratulations!

Image result for steve cummings winner of stage 14

Fantastic race and a well earned win for Briton Steve Cummings on Stage 14 of the Tour. Brilliant!! 

Image result for winner stage 15 tour de france

German Andre Greipel looking good! Winner of Stage 15. That's his third for this Tour! Great stuff!

Image result for plaza stage 16 winner tour de france 2015

Stage 16 and Spaniard Ruben Plaza sped into victory. Great ride Reuben and great attitude congratulations!!

Image result for simon geschke winner stage 17 tour france

German Simon Geschke wins Stage 17 of the tour. Simon's first stage win and a brilliant finish. Well done!!!!

Image result for winner stage 18 Bardet tour de france

Frenchman Romain Bardet can't believe it but this 24 year old won a brilliant race Stage 18 of the Tour. Congratulations!!!

Image result for Nibali winner of stage 19 tour de france

Italian Vincenzo Nibali winner of Stage 19. What a ride! Well done!!!!

Image result for thibaut pinot winner of stage 20 tour de france

Thibaut Pinot wins Stage 20, a proud day for France. Well done!!!

Image result for andre greipel winner stage 21 tour de france

German Andre Greipel wins Stage 21. Three stage wins for the "giant" well done!! 

CHRIS FROOME WINNER TOUR DE FRANCE 2015!!!!

Image result for chris froome kissing  cup tour de france

HE DID IT AGAIN - CHRIS FROOME WINS TOUR DE FRANCE 2016 !!

THIRD TIME WINNER - GOOD ON YOU CHRIS.

70 comments

Ahead of the rest of the pack

He'll never make it with extra cargo!!!

Image result for bugs bunny and lola on a bicycle

Hmm!!!

Just proves you have to keep an eye on job at hand

Go the Swannies  .. Biggest club ...

This site is so Vic biased 

Oops wrong site ...

Our $eth still ging strong :)

Yesterday, was a "rest" day for the teams, don't tell me no one told the rabbit!!!

July 14th Bastille Day wonder if any of the celebrations will show up on the route taken by the race.

Should be a nice holiday atmosphere Vivity, only trouble is the weather is expected to be a lot warmer than previous days, hope the riders fare well. I would imagine they will keep celebrations along the route to a minimum so as not to distract the riders.

Bastille Day proved a good omen for Britain’s Chris Froome, winning Stage 10 of the race from Tarbes  to La Pierre Saint-Martin, a stunning ride through the Pyrenees and Chris increased his overall lead to nearly three minutes! Chris was in his element in the mountain climb, but.. is there a scandal looming?

Good day of liberation for me too, spurred me on to have another try at what was wrong with my TV pulled all plugs out and reconnected them and finally got ABC again - very very happy to have the best channel back.

why is there a scandal looming in the Tour de France?

Rotten apple  Lance Armstrong took to Twitter on Tuesday to question whether  Chris Froome, his teammate Richie Porte, and their team, Sky, are “too strong to be clean.” Insinuating that drugs was in the mix. The BBC reported that on Tuesday Chris's computer files with his performance data had been hacked.

Question is who hacked it, someone who wanted to frame him by spreading around he is using performance enhancing drugs? LanceArmstrong (sour grapes) I might add is facing a $US100 million lawsuit from a former teammate, Floyd Landis, which could bring him financial ruin. You’d think he had enough on his plate..

Presumably with even an unlikely suggestion the team will have to be put under the microscope with attendant stress which might affect their performance which is what Lance Armstrong wants.

It was really sad to see mis-reporting this morning on the news. They reported that Froome won beating off Porte who was simply no match for his Sky team-mate. Simply not true, Porte put in an amazing ride to set up the climb for Froome to pounce, didn't chase and then when he decided to ride it out had to go past being assaulted by a spectator and outrode the rest of the field... amazing effort and i can't wait to see the Aussie riding for another team next year... could be our best chance for the next few years actually!

Well Drew

You should tune into the Meeting Place

for the current up to date news on     Image result for image for tour de france emblem 2015

You even get truthful reporting :)

Quite right Drew, was a nasty thing to do poking Porte in the ribs like that, must have winded the guy, he said it did hurt. Annoys me as well when the spectators swarm onto the road almost in front of the riders, dangerous for the guys and something should be done about it. 

As you said Porte is leaving Sky at the end of the year and there are rumours that he might be joining BMC. If he does they've got a great guy and no doubt he will do us proud!

Amazing climb by Dan Martin to catch up like he did. Beautiful scenery too.

Yes Vivity, Dan Martin gave it his all, shame he missed the initial formation of the breakaway. Andriy Grivko proved no help on the climb of the Col d’Aspin so Dan had to set off alone to bridge the gap to the lead group. However this gave Rafal Majka an opportunity to distance his breakaway rivals!!

Yes the beautiful scnery makes it worth watching even if you are not into bike riding.

What a spectacular ride through the Pyrenees with Stage 11 starting from Pau to Cauterets. Winner Rafal Majka aced it making molehills out of the steep climbs and fantastic control during the descents. The Polish rider attacked from an eight-man escape and increased his advantage on the long descent off the mountain before finishing it off on the final third-category climb to Cauterets.

Thought Chris Frome would give him a run for his money but didn’t happen. The race from Pau to Cauterets through some dangerous but exciting parts of the Pyrenees, had its funny moments though with cows trying to cross the road, poor things confused as to what to do. Dangerous situation for the riders though. Harder ride expected for today...

Reaching speeds of 80kph on those winding and extremely dangerous downhill bends was amazing to watch with the full use of the width of the roads to the best advantage,  extreme skill on display. Those guys stamina is incredible.

The cows appearing like that - can only imagine the carnage if the next bunch had run straight into them. 

Yes tonight should be interesting on the higher climb.

Too right Vivity, last night was more than interesting, nail biting to be exact! 

Despite torrential conditions at the end of the third and final stage in the Pyrenees, Spain’s Joaquim Rodriguez  won the tough 195km Pyrenean stage from Lannemezan to Plateau de Beille. The Stage 12 winner  took the slippery roads, wind, rain and even hail stones in his stride, proving once again he’s got what it takes, despite his size!

Again bit disappointed with Chris Froome coming home in 10th position battling all the way  he fended off a series of  attacks from Nairo Quintana, Alberto Contador, and Vincenzo Nibali, still the Alpine ride is to come who knows what can happen!

Scenery as usual magnificent...

Impressive the way he, Joaquim, took and maintained the lead. Keeping me up late at night don't want to miss any of it :) 

Viv

You think you have complaits out West ... It starts at 10 pm here till 2 am

and were I not repoting on $eth's progress I would definitely not stay up for it but dinner and dance with $eth is too much to miss out on .... what a grand prize :)

For a while there it looked as if Peter Sagan was set to win Stage 13 at last night's race from Muret to Rodez but was pipped at the post by Belgian Greg Van Avermaet (BMC). Spectacular finish with Sagan's wheel almost touching Greg's as he sped into victory.

Whether Greg stays in the Tour to the end is something he will decide later, the winner's wife is expecting their baby and he says he will stay with the team until she goes into labour!

I wanna digress. I was a champeen bike rider wen yunger an so wonderin who was da best in aussieland.

well my favrit was russell mockridge. I saw him on few ocashuns an he was da best.

Do yu rember him ?

Now hava look at da crikit posts  :)

LG,

I didn't hear of Russell Mockridge until you mentioned him. so I googled and found out the poor guy died after a bus hit him during a race. He was about as early as 1940's I believe.

These ones I know about :

Phil Anderson/Stuart O’Grady/Bradley McGee/Robbie McEwen/Cadel Evans/Simon Gerrans and Rohan Dennis

Cadel Evans won the Tour de France in 2011

Don't  forget to watch Stage 14 of the race this evening all you avid Tour de France followers, from Rodez – Mende-Montée, 178.5km

Have a good evening!!

Another great ride amid some beautiful scenery. Stage 14 from  Rodez – Mende-Montée was won by  Britain’s Steve Cummings who sailed  to victory  to ensure a win for his African-sponsored team, MTN-Qhubeka. So happens it was Mandela day and what better present for South Africans! 

Cummings has never won a stage before and he sure did it in fine style, guy was even in tears after winning! Good on you Steve, more wins to come?

Hahaha very funny Abby!!! Much better looking than the rabbit and more talented???

Prefer to have dinner with $eth as my prize :)

Well they don’t call Andre Greipel the “gorilla” for nothing, proving his worth yet again by winning Stage 15 from Mende to Valence (183km), winner of three stages this Tour! Despite three stitches in his left knee from a crash on Saturday he fended off  Degenkolb, Kristoff and Sagan to claim victory. Certainly a cool character and looks set for winning the Tour??

Weather wise, the big headwind didn’t phase him but it was good to see the race continue without much of a drama after Saturday’s incident of Chris Froome having had urine thrown at him by a spectator. However he retains the yellow jersey and let’s hope all those drug rumours are just that – rumours..

Who is this that has just joined the race ?

Welcome to the race Foxy, you're up against some heavy opposition here, a new competitor has just joined

Image result for chicken in bicycle race

Since today was a rest day for Tour de France you guys should be very refreshed and rearing to go so hope to report good things on Thursday.

Ray !!!

You've joined the race ... How great is that .... Woohooo !!!

But seeing you are one of the reporters do you think that is fair to also be in the race ?

The latest competitor looks a lot like you Abby, heheheh - hope you're resting up for Stage 17 of the Tour, plenty of bird seed etc...great looking helmet!!

Stage 16 of the race from Bourg-de-Péage – Gap ( 201km) and with an attack on the climb of the Col de Manse, Spaniard Ruben Plaza brought home the bacon! Despite his daredevil descent  Peter Sagan was no match for Plaza on this ride which at times reached over 100k per hour! Are these guys crazy or what?

Chris Froome who still remains one of my favourites survived the utterly mad descent, Geraint Thomas wasn’t so lucky though. Poor guy crashed into a telephone pole, rode straight into them, braked and disappeared into the bushes! Whew no harm done and on he went! Good on you guys!!

FirstPrev12345NextLast(page 3/5)
70 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment