TOUR DE FRANCE 2015 and 2016

Image result for image for tour de france emblem 2015

Image result for winning first stage rohan dennis

Rohan Dennis wins first stage, Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Second Stage won by Andre Greipel of Germany

Image result for winner of second stage tour de france 2015

Well done!

Image result for joaquim rodriguez tour de france 2015

Congrats to Stage 3 winner - Joaquim Rodriguiz of Spain!!!

Image result for tony martin stage four winner tour de france 2015

Stage 4 winner Tony Martin of Germany. Well done!!

Image result for winner stage five winner of 2015 tour de france

Andre Greipel does it again. Stage 5 winner. Congrats!!!

Image result for zdenek Stybar winning stage 6

The Czech Zdenek Stybar did it this time winning Stage 6, great race!!!

Image result for mark cavendish winning stage 7 tour de france 2015

Great ride and congrats to Mark Cavendish Stage 7 British winner!!!

Image result for tour de france 2015 stage 8 winner alexis vuillermoz

Fantastic win for Frenchman Alexis Vuillermoz Stage 8. Well done!!

Image result for image of bmc winning stage 9

What a tight race BMC taking away the win for team time trials for Stage 9 folowed by Sky by a hair's width. Good one guys. 

Image result for chris froome

Congratulations to Britain's Chris Froome retaining his yellow jersey for Stage 9. Fantastic effort!!!!

July 13th teams are having a well earned rest day. Tour commences again on 14th

..and he does it again!!

Image result for chris froome tour de france 2015

Chris Froome of Britain wins Stage 10. My word what a race. Congratulations!!

Image result for winner of stage 11 Rafal Majka Tour de france 2015

Tough climb and dangerous descent for Rafal Majka, but this didn't deter the Polish rider from winning Stage 11. Well done!!

Image result for winner of stage 12 tour de france

Spain's Joaquim Rodriguiz does it again. Second stage win of the Tour getting victory at Stage 12. Great ride!!

Image result for winner of stage 13 tour de france

Belgian  Greg Van Avermaet and BMC rider took the glory for Stage 13. Fantastic finish and congratulations!

Image result for steve cummings winner of stage 14

Fantastic race and a well earned win for Briton Steve Cummings on Stage 14 of the Tour. Brilliant!! 

Image result for winner stage 15 tour de france

German Andre Greipel looking good! Winner of Stage 15. That's his third for this Tour! Great stuff!

Image result for plaza stage 16 winner tour de france 2015

Stage 16 and Spaniard Ruben Plaza sped into victory. Great ride Reuben and great attitude congratulations!!

Image result for simon geschke winner stage 17 tour france

German Simon Geschke wins Stage 17 of the tour. Simon's first stage win and a brilliant finish. Well done!!!!

Image result for winner stage 18 Bardet tour de france

Frenchman Romain Bardet can't believe it but this 24 year old won a brilliant race Stage 18 of the Tour. Congratulations!!!

Image result for Nibali winner of stage 19 tour de france

Italian Vincenzo Nibali winner of Stage 19. What a ride! Well done!!!!

Image result for thibaut pinot winner of stage 20 tour de france

Thibaut Pinot wins Stage 20, a proud day for France. Well done!!!

Image result for andre greipel winner stage 21 tour de france

German Andre Greipel wins Stage 21. Three stage wins for the "giant" well done!! 

CHRIS FROOME WINNER TOUR DE FRANCE 2015!!!!

Image result for chris froome kissing  cup tour de france

HE DID IT AGAIN - CHRIS FROOME WINS TOUR DE FRANCE 2016 !!

THIRD TIME WINNER - GOOD ON YOU CHRIS.

70 comments

SD

That's great that he does that.  My friend's son is a Para and he competed in the wheelchair basketball.  Great game to watch.  Her daughter went as a carer for one of the female swimmers the last 2 games.

Sandi,

At 79 he is obviously no longer into the sporting side of things but is still active and getting on with life.

To be admired.

SD

Image result for winning first stage rohan dennis Aussis Rohan Dennis wins first stage of Tour de France.

Well done Rohan!!!

What's an Aussis?

Davey m'boy Aussis is French for Aussie, it's the Tour de France after all,thought you'd know that

Bulldust Ray.

I've known many Rays in my life but never one that I liked. They were mostly retarded.

No wonder your wife is English because only a pom would silly enough to latch on to you.

Jealousy will get you nowhere Davy,here sending you a "wealthy widow" to ease the pain

PS in what capacity did you know these Rays, hmmm sounds a bit suss to me!!!

Not that any of present posters care, but wonderful race last night with Andre Greipel winning the second stage

Image result for winner of second stage tour de france 2015

Love the tour..I have watched for years even though I'm a non-cyclist. A grand armchair ride around France each year with drama thrown in...how about the weather conditions they rode into 2 days ago or the huge crash(es) yesterday...what bravery to ride in the middle of the Peleton at those speeds! Yes it has been badly tarnished sometimes, by so many scandals, but I still watch and will continue to , especially as the Aussies continue to be more and more successful. 

Well done Ray for posting (forget about the 'tit for tat' with 'watsisname' and we may get some more genuine Tour fans posting)

Hi, Its on the list,

Great race last night, sad about the crashes but with the weather being as it was most people expected some dramas, a real shame about Cancellara being out, hope the poor guy recovers well. Keep watching mate, the mountain rides are yet to come!!! Just look at the size of Rodriguiz, and he did it!

To each their own of course but personally find the Tour deFrance

'as boring as bat sh.t'

would prefer to watch paint dry....

Thanks for dropping in to give your opinion Shetso1.  

BTW thought you might enjoy some data on bats, they lare not boring at all actually they  play an important role as pollinators, spreading plants’ seeds and as a natural pest predator.  Not only that, bats are used medically. When they bite their prey, they insert an anticoagulant, medically that could be of vital use. Because they use echolocation, scientist are interested in using echolocation for navigational purposes. Bats are beneficial members of the animal community. they help to control night-flying insects, bats are valuable subjects for study. Would you believe that that over 500 plants need bats to pollinate their flowers. Those plants include Agave (Tequila), Cocoa (Chocolate), mangos, bananas, guava and more.

As for batshit being boring, wrong. In fact, the word "guano" (bat shit)has its roots in the Quechuan language and basically means "sea bird pooh". It's hard to believe but this was treated like gold by the Incans and was so highly prized, that anyone that endangered the source of the stuff could be put to death! Good thing yo9u didn't live in those times!! (all taken from Wiki, where else!)

So there you have it,personally I find watching paint dry very boring, but to each his own

Image result for tony martin stage four winner tour de france 2015

A winner's grin from Tony Martin bringing home the bacon at Stage four. Great race !!

You make no mention of our $eth ???

as he munches on the carrot to get more energy :)

Anyhow you did not say what the prize was for reporting on this wonderful sporting activity ???

Dinner and dancing with Seth!!

A very coveted prize indeed :)

Sad to see him crash out in the final 3km of the race last night and break his collarbone. It was very touching to see him ride out the final 3km with his headmates either side of him with a hand on his back helping him get there. 

Agree it was touching great team spirit see the pic @ 10.47 am post

Drew when will you learn Rugby Union is the Lib game , v

Image result for winner stage five winner of 2015 tour de france

Another great win for the German Andre Greipel, What a race, thrills spills, wind and rain but what a view of WW1 battlefields!! The aerial vistas really great to see. Race started in Arras and finished in Amiens. 

Another great race with Zdenek Stybar the Czech taking out Stage 6, however  the race was marred by a pretty bad crash leaving Tony Martin (Germany) with a broken collarbone, now out of the race, but look at the team work here, his mates helping him over the finish line so he could retain his yellow jersey. That's what I call sportsmanship!!

Image result for image of tony martin being helped by team mates

Image result for image of african winning king of the mountain jersey tour de france 2015

Real highlight of stage 6 is Daniel Teklehaimanot who became the first African to wear the King of the Mountain jersey in the Tour de France and the first black African to wear a Tour de France classification jersey of any kind. In all, just three Africans have worn a leader’s jersey at the Tour de France: Robbie Hunter with the white jersey in 2001 and Daryl Impey with the yellow jersey in 2013.

Here's what Daniel had to say:“I’m really happy about what happened today. I can’t believe it,” Teklehaimanot said after the stage. “It is a big step for African cycling and I feel really proud at the moment because I have this jersey. That was my childhood dream to get the polka dot jersey at the Tour de France.” 

Well done Daniel!!!

Seeing the different Cyclists who are now getting the chance to prove themselves just makes it obvious how much damage Lance Armstrong did to the sport and other competitors by his cheating. Good to see it as a clean sport now.

Agree Vivity, let's hope we dont see another Lance Armstrong, bit of a worry though that even strong pain killers are classed as a prohibited drug, some players suffer, like Tony Martin last night, hope they can work around this

dis is copi n pasta from somwere , just like pete.

Italian cyclist Luca Paolini fails dope test for cocaine on the Tour de France

Oh Lordy what an idiot that Cyclist is wonder if he will be banned for life?

"In accordance with UCI anti-doping Rules, the rider has been provisionally suspended until the adjudication of the affair," the UCI said in a statement.

Advertisement

The sport's governing body said that the sample was collected on Tuesday.

Paolini, 38, won the Ghent-Wevelgem classic this year. He also won one stage on the Giro d'   (From SMH)

Gee Lord Grumble the amount we spend on Abo education and we end up with you !!!

Yes Vivity/LG, very disappointing about Paolini especially since no one was tested positive for cocaine since 2012. Another hothead Italian Nabili throwing a bottle at a team leader couple of days ago, not a good look. Any way great race and after several great tries over the last few days Mark Cavendish took away Stage 7!!

Well France finally got a stage winner !! Alexis Vuillermoz did France proud, perfect weather conditions on the 181.5km ride from Rennes to Mur de Bretagne and even the steep hill climb did not phase this Frenchman. His sprint came at 800 metres from the finish and what a finish!! Vuillermoz said he had been inspired by his late father who was his mentor. Feel sure his Dad was there with him!

It's been a tight race for Stage 9 with  BMC Racing Team winning the atypical team time trial from Vannes to Plumelec on the 28km long stage that closed the first chapter of the 102nd Tour de France.

The other two dominant teams were Sky who only lost by one second, one second!! Chris Froome retained the lead of the overall ranking with an advantage of 12 seconds over Tejay van Garderen before the Pyrenees.

Chris Froome from Britain remains in the yellow jersey!!!

FirstPrev12345NextLast(page 2/5)
70 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment