Animal Antics

Random acts of kindness. Kindness is a quality that shows you… | by Waleed  Tariq | Medium

Ancient black swans hunted to extinction, NZ's swans from ...

FirstPrev 101 102 103 104 105 NextLast(page 103/141)
1961 comments

Texas Woman's Dachshund Family Photo Series Spreads Much-Needed Smiles |  Across America, US Patch

Mum is thinking, hurry up before they wake up and want another feed lol.

So cute these two photos.

The Complete Guide to Raising Chickens around Your Family Dog - Backyard  Poultry

Dogs And Chickens: How Dogs Can Protect Your Flock

Looking after the chickens, great watchdogs.

37 Best Medium Sized Dog Photos of Popular Cute Medium Sized Dogs |  FallinPets

Killer whale Tahlequah who carried her dead calf for 17 DAYS and more than 1,000 miles in 2018 is pictured with her new baby after giving birth to the healthy animal last week Killer whale Tahlequah 'who mourned her dead calf for 17 DAYS' gives birth

The 21 year-old orca - or 'killer whale' - gave birth on September 4 to her new calf, dubbed 'J57' by researchers, in the eastern Strait of Juan de Fuca in US waters. According to the Whale Research Center, Tahlequah and her new calf, pictured left and top right, appear to be healthy with the infant 'swimming vigorously alongside its mother'. In the image bottom right Tahlequah can be seen with the calf she lost in 2018 that she carried more than 1,000 miles for 17 days as part of her 'Grief Tour'.

Great to see her with another calf.

That is great news on Threatened species day.

THIS DOCTOR-TURNED-PILOT HAS FLOWN 15,000 SHELTER PETS TO FIND FOREVER HOMES

Posted by Colleen Jaskot | September 2, 2020

This Doctor-Turned-Pilot Has Flown 15,000 Shelter Pets to Find Forever HomesImage Credit: Dog Is My CoPilot/Facebook

A retired orthopedic surgeon from Jackson, Wyo. and now pilot for pets, Peter Rork has saved more than 15,000 adoptable dogs and cats from dying in overcrowded shelters since 2012.

Rather than a line of people waiting to board his plane, Rork welcomes dozens of adoptable dogs ready to fly to their forever homes. And he wouldn’t have it any other way.

“I like dogs better than most people I know,” he jokingly told CBS. They’re just pure of heart and pure of soul.”

plane loading up dogs

A DIMC plane loading up 54 dogs to fly them to Thompson River Animal Care Shelter (Image via Facebook/DIMC)

Six days each week, 67-year-old Rork and three other volunteer pilots from his nonprofit, Dog Is My CoPilot (DIMC), take animals from shelters in California, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona, where they would likely be euthanized according to the the Washington Post, and fly them to rescue groups in the Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountain region, where they’re put up for adoption.

Sadly, about 6.5 million cats and dogs enter animal shelters in the United States each year, and approximately 1.5 million of them are euthanized, according to the ASPCA. Healthy animals are ‘euthanized’ because animal shelters don’t have enough space or the resources to care for all of the animals they take in.

Rork retired from medicine after the sudden death of his wife and started DIMC to get his life back on track, combining two of his biggest passions: dogs and flying.

:) Wonderful story, thanks Incognito.

Lovely to hear.

Years ago when I was running a couple of dog groups on the net, I heard of some women running the shelters for animals and always had a trouble trying to keep track of them due to the huge amount of animals needing care, they were always trying to find vets that would do the 'snip' to keep the numbers down.  I guess it has not changed after all these years.

Thank you for posting this article Incognito.

Glad I found something re animals worth sharing. Yes it is unbelievable how many puppies are born every year, I am against the selling of them too, so many people make so much money on letting them breed. 

Nothin' But A Hound Dog! English Cocker Spaniel who loves to jump bears a striking resemblance to Elvis when his floppy ears form a quiff.

The dog, 3, lives in Paris with his French owner Euphemie BrindejoncEuphemie said Narcos only jumps when she utters word 'hopa' and offers a treat Is seen jumping energetically in front of the Eiffel Tower and Sacré-Cœur in Paris 

An English cocker spaniel has built an Instagram following of more than 100,000 with his hilarious jumps at home, at the beach, and in front of tourist hotspots.

The three-year-old dog, named Narcos, lives in Paris with his French owner Euphemie Brindejonc. 

In one snap, his hair forms to make him look like Elvis Presley, while in others, he is seen jumping energetically in front of the Eiffel Tower and Sacré-Cœur in Paris. 

Euphemie said Narcos only jumps when she utters the word 'hopa' and offers a treat.  

English cocker spaniel Narcos, 3, has built an Instagram following of more than 100,000 with his hilarious jumps at home, at the beach, and in front of tourist hotspots. In one snap, his  hair forms to make him look like Elvis (pictured) English cocker spaniel Narcos, 3, has built an Instagram following of more than 100,000 with his hilarious jumps at home, at the beach, and in front of tourist hotspots. In one snap, his  hair forms to make him look like Elvis (pictured)The dog lives in Paris with his French owner Euphemie Brindejonc. He is also seen jumping energetically in front of the city's Eiffel Tower  ...and also the Sacré-Cœur The dog lives in Paris with his French owner Euphemie Brindejonc. He is also seen jumping energetically in front of the city's Eiffel Tower and Sacré-Cœur

She said: 'I hold the camera in one hand and in the other one I have a treat, I say hopa and he jumps. 

'Narcos started jumping on his own when he was one and a half years old.

'Mostly at the beach or during game time to catch the ball or stick I was holding.

'One day I thought it would be nice to take pictures of him while he was jumping. 

We had to find a way for him to jump while looking at the camera and I started taking pictures on the bed to get perspective and so he wouldn't jump on me.'

Narcos has now perfected his trick to the extent that he knows he must only jump on the spot, Euphemie said.     

'Now I don't need a bed anymore, he knows he has to jump on the spot and not towards me. 

Euphemie said Narcos only jumps when she utters the word 'hopa' and offers a treat. Pictured: The cute pair at the beach Euphemie said Narcos only jumps when she utters the word 'hopa' and offers a treat. Pictured: The cute pair at the beachEuphemie said Narcos started jumping on his own when he was aged around one and a half 
 The dog jumps on his owner's bed Euphemie said Narcos started jumping on his own when he was aged around one and a half. Pictured: The dog jumps on his owner's bedNarcos has now perfected his trick to the extent that he knows he must only jump on the spot, Euphemie said Narcos has now perfected his trick to the extent that he knows he must only jump on the spot, Euphemie said

'If the picture is missed, it can only be my fault.'

Despite his love of jumping, Euphemie said he doesn't spend days doing it for pictures, its just now and then. 

She said: 'In public people often stop to pet Narcos. 

'He is always happy to meet new people but also new dogs. 

Despite his love of jumping, Euphemie said he doesn't spend days doing it for pictures, its just now and then Despite his love of jumping, Euphemie said he doesn't spend days doing it for pictures, its just now and then

'Seeing a person take a picture of their dog in Paris makes a lot of people smile, so when they jump with all their hair it's even more fun. 

'When I take a picture of Narcos at the Trocadéro for example, it is no longer the Eiffel Tower that tourists are looking at but my dog.

'The reaction of our followers was great, they liked it a lot from the first photos. Many people have started following Narcos following the first photos of him jumping. 

'He's a very happy dog, his tail wags all the time and he follows me everywhere except in the bathroom. He loves to be photographed.'

Euphemie added: 'He's a very happy dog, his tail wags all the time and he follows me everywhere except in the bathroom. He loves to be photographed' Euphemie added: 'He's a very happy dog, his tail wags all the time and he follows me everywhere except in the bathroom. He loves to be photographed'

Sorry, I think the poor dog looks horrible in most of those photos but the last one is OK in my opinion.

Photos below of our beloved cocker spaniels way back in the 1980s ... think they are beautiful enough without trick/shock pics.

That is the dog personality RnR you could not make a dog dump like that unless it was happy and wanted to do it.  Spanials are not one of my favourite dogs they always look a bit sloppy.

So many instagram followers, he does look funny though. Do you mean jump not dump Celia? lol

RnR is that you in the photo's with the dogs?

Thats my health problem Incognito it drives me crazy, thank goodness it has improved over the last month, I can look at a letter & mix it up.  Thanks to getting Blood Pressure medication when I didn't need it!  I hope this reads right, I had a few errors to correct belore I printed it!!  sigh!

Writing for New Media | phoffe00

Okay Celia I forgive you, I often type too fast and then have to go back an edit, my brain is ahead of my fingers lol

Love the little picture, we all feel like that sometimes.

How amazing, had a look at the link, some amazing animals I had not seen before and a few I have (in photo't of course not real life).

Showed husband and he had not seen it before either and he was brought up from a 12 yr old in Africa. When I first saw the photo I thought it was a fake!  LOL

Now I had to type this twice before I got it correctly.

Golden Tabby Tiger: the most beautiful animal on the planet 

But unfortunately, this wonderful animal is on the brink of extinction!

https://www.wowamazing.com/animals/the-majestic-rare-golden-tiger/

Yes he is beautiful, so sad they are on the brink of extinction.

Tragedy that such a wonderful animal will become extinct.

From left to right:-Snowwhite,Standard tiger,Golden tiger and White bengal  tiger : interestingasfuck

Wonderful photo.

Majestic four.

Photos: Cute, weird and wonderful animals around the planet

So colourful, thanks Celia.

Wow I am speechless, never knew this one existed, so colouful and incredible skin, does not look real.

Hummingbirds can drop their body temperature below 40°F when they rest to save energy for the next day

Researchers from the University of New Mexico looked at six species of hummingbird living in the Peruvian Andes and studied their temperature overnight.

What an incredible little bird.

FirstPrev 101 102 103 104 105 NextLast(page 103/141)
1961 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment