Which dark chocolate wins the taste test?
A new CHOICE review of 37 dark chocolates has found that Lindt Excellence 90% Cocoa is the best of the best when it comes to taste and nutrition.
“Our experts conducted a blind taste test of 37 dark chocolate blocks that you can find in the aisles of major supermarket chains,” says CHOICE’s Rachel Clemons.
“The chocolates were judged on flavour, texture, aroma, and appearance. The nutritional value of the chocolate was also included in the overall score,” says Ms Clemons.
“Our experts commended the Lindt Excellence 90% Cocoa chocolate, which scored first place for its pleasant taste, shiny appearance and smooth texture,” says Ms Clemons.
These are the 11 dark chocolates that scored the highest in the CHOICE testing:
1. Lindt Excellence 90% Cocoa - 79%
2. Aldi Just Organic 70% Dark Chocolate - 78%
3. Pico Super Dark 85% Cocoa Single Origin - 74%
4. Lindt Excellence Smooth Blend 70% Cocoa - 73%
5. Lindt Excellence 95% Cocoa - 73%
6. Aldi Moser Roth Finest Dark 70% Cocoa - 73%
7. Green & Black's Organic Dark Chocolate 70% Cocoa - 72%
8. Lindt Excellence 85% Cocoa - 72%
9. Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa - 72%
10.Green & Black's Smooth Dark Chocolate 70% Cocoa - 71%
11. Whittaker's 92% Cocoa Ghana Intense Dark Chocolate - 70%
Read the full CHOICE dark chocolate results.
How did your favourite dark chocolate rate? Did it make the top 11?