Where did the Coronavirus 19 Originate from? and anything relative to the virus.

Where did the Coronavirus 19 originate from? and anything relative to the virus.

Coronavirus is 'uniquely adapted to infect humans': Top vaccine scientist says it could only have come from an animal through a 'freak of nature' - and the possibility it leaked from Wuhan lab MUST be investigated 

Scientists have produced evidence that the pandemic virus is 'uniquely adapted to infect humans', raising fresh questions over whether its origins were natural or could have occurred in a laboratory.

Cartoon Cute Coronavirus, COVID-19, Doctor And Vaccine Vector ...

FirstPrev 138 139 140 141 142 NextLast(page 140/168)
2344 comments

Husband was talking to his doctor the other day;  it came back that the medicals are saying now that we shall all get this virus some sooner than later.  Some a lot worse than others.

We are guaranteed to seeing we've opened our borders to people who do not have the booster.

Hi Suze.

Have you had the Third Jab yet?

I am sure this virus has been floating around in the public arena for years now but it was never recorded.

The virus we had on board the cruise ship coming back from Hampshire in the UK was killing off a lot of people like flies, so many of us got ill during that trip of 7 weeks.    

There were always alarms going off for the medical staff to go rushing to peoples aid it is not funny; not to mention the deaths. 

I was talking to the hairdresser on Friday about this and he asked how long was I ill?

It was about three weeks the worse but then it was about seven months after I got home that it finally cleared up.

After leaving the English Chanel the first SOS to someone aid was around the bottom of Spain, but we had to double back to Portugal to let a person get into one of their hospitals.   Then it started day after day after day.   Husband and I didn't feel much for about ten days then we were off to the hospital on the boat for a visit to the doctor, there were four doctors on board.

Each port of call we seemed to be taking more people off for help.

When we got to Aruba I had a temperature and took some Disprine, it got worse, by the time we had entered the Panama Canal I was not interested in seeing the Canal, which was what I had especially made this trip for.

We got to Mexico and we got off but I was not feeling great and came back to the boat to lay down.

The worse was the terrible thickness in the chest and barking like a dog.  By this time I had been on antibiotics three times as was my husband.

We then got up to San Fran and I was still not feeling great, we went onto a trip around the city and then off to a lunch.   Most of the passengers were the same.

About one thousand got off there and another thousand joined the ship for the joinery to Sydney.

All the way people were sick with either head colds or chest complaints and as I said a few passed away.

It was like I always had a temperature.

When we got home I told my doctor and he gave me another anti biotic when it didn't work he refused to give me another one, he said I had been having too many!   I ended up going to a Chemist for some assistance, he gave me three different types of casuals he said it would take a while to help me what ever it was I had!    I took these for several months and what ever the virus was it made me feel better but it was not cured, he said that it will take months.  

By this time it was Christmas 2019 and my husband was told he had Leukemia, that was around New Year and then the Covid 19 Viris was named and the world started to take notice of this infection; te rest Suzu is history.

Bye the way I was not the only one coming off that cruise ship that year with this infection there were lots of us.

I first remember getting it when I was taking part on the cruise ship at a art class and sat next to a British woman who had the infection, she was coughing all over everyone!

I then went to a painting class with abut fifty other people and the Teacher himself was not well!   The lady I was sitting next to said I won't be coming back again!  I always remember her saying that.

Australia/New Zealand COVID-19 update 21 February 2022

Australia wide — 17,736 new cases; 209,767 active cases; 2,412 in hospital; 179 in ICU; 17 deaths.

NSW: 4,916 new cases, 103,850 active cases, 1,288 in hospital, 74 in ICU, 7 deaths.
VIC: 5,611 new cases, 45,278 active cases, 361 in hospital, 49 in ICU, 3 deaths.
QLD: 4,114 new cases, 33,976 active cases, 401 in hospital, 37 in ICU, 6 deaths.
ACT: 458 new cases, 2,742 active cases, 37 in hospital, 1 in ICU, 1 death.
TAS: 569 new cases, 3,691 active cases, 10 in hospital, 2 in ICU.
SA: 1,217 new cases, 12,946 active cases, 190 in hospital, 13 in ICU.
WA: 224 new cases (213 local), 1178 active cases, 2 in hospital, 0 in ICU.
NT: 627 new cases, 6,106 active cases, 123 in hospital, 3 in ICU.
NEW ZEALAND: 2,376 new cases (2,365 local), 27,109 tests, 15,928 active cases, 116 in hospital, 1 in ICU, 2 deaths.

Hi Celia - I remember when we met up in Sydney when you and Hubby were on that cruise.  I do remember you saying that you didn't feel the best. I'm so glad I didn't pick up the bug from the two of you at the time.  As we get older it's harder to shake off these  things and I can only recommend paracetamol and lots of fluids., and plenty of rest. The resting is so important because I know you spend a lot of time in your garden.  Take it easy.

Celia,

What an awful and disappointing trip you had.

Would it be possible to have a test as to whether it was Covid ... or some strain of it?

Hi Axel!

I had hoped that would happen when both husband and I returned back into Sydney in 2019, besides a few others who had this with us.   But when I saw the doctor he was not interested.  We often chat about this and I sometimes wonder if it would have helped if a few of us had given blood.  But we have had our Boosters and I doubt that would be of any use now.

Is there a doctor in the house?

Yes it was a terrible cruise I felt like getting off the boat in San Fran and flying back home.

Even when we came into Australia it was in the port of Newcastle that I saw the last ambulance take the last person away.

Dear Gents and Ladies,

IMHO Cruise Ships are an incubator of bacteria and viruses and in the long run this is not a sustainable industry as it is a severe polluter, both in fuel terms (ship fuel waste discharge and exhaust )  and  food and human waste (including plastics!)  discharges into the ocean and air.

The first part can be easily fixed with all cabins (especially below deck) properly ventilated and the fresh air percentage suitably high.  The crew should and can be constantly  checked  and treated for communicable diseases before boarding and during the cruises.  They are normally from poorer countries and find it difficult (to afford) to be disease free.

The waste problem can be fixed by having waste processing plants on board the ships for food waste and sewage. Plastics can be collected, crushed and discharge at port to recycle waste processing plants. Dirty water , from showers say, may be processed and then suitably discharged /recycled.

The above is achievable for what we consider a luxury and a non-essential activity! We in developed countries can afford the extra price for the above, otherwise stay at home!

Need to add that part of the reason that China(navy) is patrolling the South China Sea is that there are lot of cargo/cruise ships that are blatantly polluting this region, especially the fuel waste, as I will highlight below.

Fuel waste from ships is a serious issue that is constantly being hidden/glossed over.  Bilge from ships should NOT be discharged into the sea but collected in  waste storage tanks onboard and discharged when in port and then treated.

Know the above may be inconvenient truths especially with reference to cruise ships which are like major floating villages generating a lot of waste and consuming lots of oil products. Perhaps the ship engines could be converted to gas (Liquidfied natural gas) and the same gas used for cooking and hot water generation, etc.

Australia/New Zealand COVID-19 update 22 February 2022

Australia wide — 24,881 new cases; 208,765 active cases; 2,415 in hospital; 171 in ICU; 37 deaths.

NSW: 8,752 new cases, 101,551 active cases, 1,293 in hospital, 71 in ICU, 14 deaths.
VIC: 6,786 new cases, 47,464 active cases, 345 in hospital, 48 in ICU, 14 deaths.
QLD: 5,583 new cases, 32,741 active cases, 394 in hospital, 34 in ICU, 5 deaths.
ACT: 583 new cases, 2,786 active cases, 41 in hospital, 1 in ICU.
TAS: 820 new cases, 3,993 active cases, 11 in hospital, 2 in ICU.
SA: 1,378 new cases, 13,161 active cases, 205 in hospital, 12 in ICU, 3 deaths.
WA: 263 new cases. (258 local), 1,315 active cases, 3 in hospital, 0 in ICU.
NT: 716 new cases, 5,754 active cases, 123 in hospital, 3 in ICU, 1 death.
• NEW ZEALAND: 2,861 new cases (2,846 local), 24,351 tests, 18,628 active cases, 143 in hospital, 1 in ICU.

Australia/New Zealand COVID-19 update 23 February 2022

Australia wide — 27,413 new cases; 204,567 active cases; 2,322 in hospital; 148 in ICU; 60 deaths.

NSW: 8,931 new cases, 100,745 active cases, 1,246 in hospital, 69 in ICU, 6 deaths.
VIC: 6,926 new cases, 42,016 active cases, 319 in hospital, 22 active in ICU, 17 deaths.
QLD: 6,301 new cases, 33,122 active cases, 379 in hospital, 35 in ICU, 37 deaths (29 historic).
ACT: 946 new cases, 3,185 active cases, 40 in hospital, 2 in ICU.
TAS: 842 new cases, 4,080 active cases, 10 in hospital, 2 in ICU.
SA: 1,958 new cases, 14,119 active cases, 192 in hospital, 14 in ICU.
WA: 645 new cases (643 local), 1,787 active cases, 5 in hospital, 0 in ICU.
NT: 864 new cases, 5,513 active cases, 131 in hospital, 4 in ICU.
NEW ZEALAND: 3,305 new cases (3,297 local), 27,550 tests, 21,648 active cases, 179 in hospital, 1 in ICU.

Australia/New Zealand COVID-19 update 24 February 2022

Australia wide — 25,703 new cases; 204,774 active cases; 2,177 in hospital; 157 in ICU; 42 deaths.

NSW: 8,271 new cases, 99,851 active cases, 1,211 in hospital, 59 in ICU, 12 deaths.
VIC: 6,715 new cases, 41,257 active cases, 322 in hospital, 43 active in ICU, 16 deaths.
QLD: 6,094 new cases, 33,418 active cases, 334 in hospital, 30 in ICU, 8 deaths.
ACT: 661 new cases, 3,578 active cases, 41 in hospital, 3 in ICU.
TAS: 853 new cases, 4,297 active cases, 12 in hospital, 2 in ICU.
SA: 1,735 new cases, 14,826 active cases, 142 in hospital, 13 in ICU, 3 deaths.
WA: 617 new cases (610 local), 2,272 active cases, 7 in hospital, 0 in ICU.
NT: 757 new cases, 5,275 active cases, 108 in hospital, 7 in ICU, 3 deaths.
NEW ZEALAND: 6,145 new cases (6,137 local), 33,225 tests, 27,611 active cases, 205 in hospital, 2 in ICU, 1 death.

On the heels of concerning new lab and animal experiments suggesting that BA.2 may be capable of causing more severe disease than the original Omicron strain, two new studies are helping to show how well human immunity is defending against this strain in the real world.BA.2 is about 30 per cent more transmissible than the original Omicron variant, BA.1, according to early studies from the UK and Denmark, and it is now causing about one in five COVID-19 cases worldwide, according to the World Health Organisation.Even as COVID-19 cases have been dropping around the world, the relative proportion of cases caused by BA.2 has been increasing. MORE

ABC

United Australia Party chairman Clive Palmer is being tested for COVID-19 after being taken to a Queensland hospital with symptoms.

A spokesperson for Mr Palmer confirmed the 67-year-old had been taken to Pindara Private Hospital on the Gold Coast via ambulance.

He is expected to return home tonight.

Queensland Ambulance Service said three ambulances were called to a Paradise Point address at around 11:00am where a man was transported to hospital for a medical condition.

Mr Palmer was expected to address the National Press Club in Canberra on Tuesday but the event was cancelled after it was told he had COVID-like symptoms and had been given medical advice not to travel.

Speaking at anti-vaccination protests, the United Australia Party chairman has told crowds he is unvaccinated against COVID-19.

Since the onset of the pandemic, Mr Palmer has faced criticism for spreading misinformation about the risks of COVID-19 vaccine and for addressing anti-vaccination protests in Brisbane.

Australia/New Zealand COVID-19 update 25 February 2022

Australia wide — 24,739 new cases; 205,298 active cases; 2,072 in hospital; 157 in ICU; 28 deaths.

NSW: 7,583 new cases, 99,234 active cases, 1,144 in hospital, 64 in ICU, 6 deaths.
VIC: 6,580 new cases, 41,125 active cases, 301 in hospital, 38 in ICU, 11 deaths.
QLD: 5,440 new cases, 33,292 active cases, 350 in hospital, 30 in ICU, 7 deaths.
ACT: 773 new cases, 4,050 active cases, 41 in hospital, 3 in ICU.
TAS: 851 new cases, 4,525 active cases, 11 in hospital, 2 in ICU, 1 death.
SA: 1,714 new cases, 15,069 active cases, 112 in hospital, 13 in ICU, 2 deaths.
WA: 1,043 new cases (1039 local), 3,038 active cases, 12 in hospital, 0 in ICU.
NT: 755 new cases, 4,965 active cases, 101 in hospital, 7 in ICU, 1 death.
NEW ZEALAND: 3,826 new cases (3,807 local), 30,979 tests, 39,413 active cases, 237 in hospital, 3 in ICU, 5 deaths.

According to NSW Health

we no longer have deaths from Covid

we have "lives lost"  ????

Suze, been that way since NSW changed it's daily format presentation on 13 January 2022.

I suppose that is what the pollies would call living with it.

Exactly Suze.

Well the test results came back for the Primary School our grandson goes to and they were negative!

Makes me wonder if this RAT testing is reliable?

Then our friends who visit their sister in law in the Aged Care Nursing home have to get testing each week so they have purchased two packets of RAT.

Makes me wonder how save the Nursing Homes are with these tests.

COVID-19 infection doubles the risk of psychiatric diagnoses including depression and anxiety and triples the risk of sleep problems, study finds 

COVID-19 infection leads to increased risk of fatigue, sleep problems and psychiatric issues long after patients are diagnosed with their initial illness, a study found last month.

Researchers at the University of Manchester used a UK database of anonymous health records from about 12 million patients, following those who caught Covid for up to 10 months after their diagnosis.

Patients who contracted Covid were twice as likely to be diagnosed with depression, anxiety or another serious condition after their encounter with the disease, compared to non-Covid patients.

They were also twice as likely to be prescribed psychiatric medication, and three times as likely to report sleep problems.

The study additionally found patients with negative Covid tests were more likely to be diagnosed with the conditions as well, suggesting that additional factors beyond the coronavirus's biology may play a role in this pattern.

Still, the research provides new evidence towards the long-term impacts of Covid on patients' sleep and mental health.

Fatigue, sleep issues and brain fog are all common symptoms of Long Covid, a condition in which patients continue to experience Covid symptoms for weeks or months after their initial infection.

Brain fog - a catch-all term for issues with concentration and memory - is particularly common.

One international survey of Long Covid patients found that about nine in ten patients reported neurological or psychiatric symptoms, months after their Covid diagnoses.

Some studies have also suggested that Covid infection could be linked to anxiety, depression, or mental health issues, through connections between the immune system and brain inflammation.

Ukraine-Russia conflict: Did Covid send Vladimir Putin mad? | Daily Mail Online

Long Covid is a problem for those who get affected

... glad to hear your gandie tested negative Celia.

Australia/New Zealand COVID-19 update 26 February 2022

Australia wide — 23,234 new cases; 205,456 active cases; 2,025 in hospital; 150 in ICU; 35 deaths.

NSW: 7,017 new cases, 98,491 active cases, 1,130 in hospital, 59 in ICU, 11 deaths.
VIC: 5,874 new cases, 40,968 active cases, 281 in hospital, 43 in ICU, 15 deaths.
QLD: 4,838 new cases, 33,256 active cases, 341 in hospital, 25 in ICU, 8 deaths.
ACT: 478 new cases, 3,922 active cases, 41 in hospital, 2 in ICU.
TAS: 792 new cases, 4,731 active cases, 10 in hospital, 2 in ICU.
SA: 1,688 new cases, 15,353 active cases, 109 in hospital, 12 in ICU.
WA: 1,915 new cases (1,098 local), 3,900 active cases, 15 in hospital, 0 in ICU.
NT: 632 new cases, 4,835 active cases, 98 in hospital, 7 in ICU, 1 death.
NEW ZEALAND: 13,612 new cases (13,606 local), 31,016 tests, 52,808 active cases, 263 in hospital, 5 in ICU.

Hmm !

NSW deaths back in double figures again

NSW Health reported the deaths of 11 people: seven men and four women.

One person was aged in their 40s, one was in their 60s, four were in their 70s, three were in their 80s and two were in their 90s.

The man in his 40s had received three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine but suffered significant underlying health conditions.

Of the people aged 65 and older, six had received two doses of a vaccine, three people were fully-vaccinated and one person was unvaccinated.

Three were from southern Sydney, two were from south-western Sydney, while the other fatalities occurred in western Sydney, Sydney’s Inner West, the Tamworth, Central Tablelands, Shellharbour and Northern Rivers regions.

Meanwhile, non-urgent elective surgery requiring an overnight stay in private hospitals will continue to increase over the coming weeks as COVID-19 hospitalisations decline and community transmission stabilises.

From Monday 28 February, all non-urgent elective surgery requiring an overnight stay will increase to 85% of pre-pandemic activity levels in private hospitals. 

One week later, on Monday 7 March, surgical activity caps will be removed completely, allowing private hospitals to resume normal surgical activity.

NSW Health acting deputy secretary Wayne Jones said public hospitals across the state had already resumed non-urgent elective surgery requiring an overnight stay, with the majority of districts on track to be at 75% or higher over coming weeks.

“Our continued staged approach for the resumption of surgery in the public and private sectors ensures people have access to clinically recommended surgery while we continue to balance the COVID-19 emergency response,” he explained.

“Throughout this time, all emergency surgery and urgent elective surgery in NSW continued to be performed.

“In addition, the majority of non-urgent elective day surgery also continued in public and private hospitals.”

"I've spent so long not being able to do a lot of things," she said. 

Ms Grant is just 25, and her case highlights the serious impacts long COVID can have — even for the young.

She said small tasks that used to be easy were now exhausting.

"Just walking from your car into the office, that kind of thing, you do just have to take that extra moment to give your body that recovery that it wouldn't necessarily have had to have previously," she said

Experts say you're less likely to suffer from long COVID if you have received all three vaccine doses

Just awful ... at least ...

Experts say you're less likely to suffer from long COVID if you have received all three vaccine doses.

Australia/New Zealand COVID-19 update 27 February 2022

Australia wide — 18,670 new cases; 205,794 active cases; 1,895 in hospital; 137 in ICU; 28 deaths.

NSW: 6,014 new cases, 97,973 active cases, 1,146 in hospital, 58 in ICU, 7 deaths.
VIC: 5,052 new cases, 41,038 active cases, 274 in hospital, 38 in ICU, 17 deaths.
QLD: 3,571 new cases, 33,340 active cases, 295 in hospital, 24 in ICU, 1 death.
ACT: 495 new cases, 3,829 active cases, 43 in hospital, 0 in ICU.
TAS: 676 new cases, 4,884 active cases, 9 in hospital, 0 in ICU.
SA: 1,467 new cases, 15,367 active cases, 14 in hospital, 11 in ICU, 2 deaths.
WA: 1,027 new cases, 4,713 active cases, 13 in hospital, 0 in ICU.
NT: 368 new cases, 4,650 active cases, 101 in hospital, 6 in ICU, 1 death.
NEW ZEALAND: 14,982 new cases (14,941 local), 27,789 tests, 67,632 active cases, 305 in hospital, 5 in ICU, 1 death.

FirstPrev 138 139 140 141 142 NextLast(page 140/168)
2344 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment