Top 20 best performing Meeting Place forum topics of 2015

The Meeting Place was abuzz with activity all throughout 2015. We've had ups and downs, ins and outs and many roundabouts, but overall we had over 876,000 page views and thousands upon thousands of comments on the Meeting Place alone.

Now that we've reached the end of 2015, we thought we'd take a look at the top 20 performing threads of the year. We'd also like to take the opportunity to say a big "thank you" to everyone for their amazing contributions throughout the year, and we look forward to seeing you all hanging about the Meeting Place next year!

Without further ado, let's dive right in!

1. Let's chat – no set topic – 32,422 page views

2. What made you SMILE :–) ...today?? – 16,630 page views

3. Today – 13,483 page views (plus another 1,973 page views from the new Today thread too!)

4. 'STICK IT IN THE BIN' !! (what "IRKS" you?) – 6667 page views

5. AFL tipping 2015 – 3314 page views

6. WARNING – Australian frozen vegetables – 2812 page views

7. Homosexual marriage problems – 2477 page views

8. Are you having trouble sleeping? Here's how to fix that ... – 2387 page views

9. Random facts about anything and nothing in particular – 2357 page views

10. Welcome the day, We are all above the ground – 2344 page views

11. Telstra's new charges discriminate against older Australians – 2304 views

12. The 2016 Pirelli pin-up calendar makes a splash – 2135 page views

13. Vale George Cole – 2018 page views

14. Who are the first people to inhabit the land we now call Australia? – 2017 page views

15. The face of pensioner despair in Greece – 1951 page views

16. What makes someone 'dateable'? – 1700 page views

17. Is it time to stop bashing Bronwyn? – 1568 page views

18. Is this the most annoying internet troll of all time? – 1470 page views

19. Human rights hypocrite – 1459 page views

20. Australia's favourite pet names 2015 – 1452 page views

In which thread did you spend the most time? Which did you find most enjoyable?

6 comments

The threads I followed the most were 1 to 5 and 10..... if I had to pick one it would be number 1...

1. "Let's Chat No set Topic " good thread to exchange all and everything that might interest us - time to resurrect it. 

2. Today - another good Chat thread.

3. What made you smile today - good thread to start the day.

Thanks for showing us the most popular threads, hope the AFL thread runs again in 2016 Gerry, it is becoming a bit of an institution and who knows which club will get to the top in 2016?

I loved bashing Bronwyn. Can we do it again?

Oh Robi. 2016 is the SWANS turn.

I think it would be nice if the moderator would be kind enough to add names to the Topics like

Let's chat – no set topic ... Phyl,

Today ... Gerry and

AFL tipping 2015 ... Gerry who initiated them, yet when you go to them they are blank.

I'm not surprised No 1 (Let's chat) has the most views. It's a very nice thread and hope it keeps going.

Both my wife and I really like the banter on No 10 (Welcome the day). It is such a happy thread, very witty and some great ladies! I do hope it goes on for as long as Let's chat, so get back here pronto cranky!

No 3 (Today) is also a very nice thread and hope that continues also.

I usually have a look at most of the recent threads, but rarely visit them later. There are a couple I skip past since they are not to my taste.

That was quick .... you are back already

Quick? What do you mean Abby? I said my wife and I were going on a boat trip on the river, at the end of which we spend the night at an hotel. That was two days ago, do you not read posts? Maybe an eye test would help. I used to have that problem but my new reading glasses help a lot. Hope you are having a nice holiday.

Thanks for the nice holiday wishes .... I will talk to you when I get back :)

6 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment