The Days of the Golden Movies 1940 to 1995

Top Movie Stars of the 1960s | Ultimate Movie Rankings

52 comments

R.I.P  -  Diana Rigg. 

Diana Rigg RIP.

I don't remember this movie!!

The Living Daylights' - Teaser 6 | James bond, Agente secreto, Conhecendo

undefined

have never watched a BOND movie,   but do remember DIANNE RIGG IN AVENGERS,         HOLA,      i have a spare copy of ZULU if you want to,   i dont think it has ever been played,    if you can find a way to get you address to me,  i will send it,   [maybe through DREW?      no p,m, now is a nuiscence,      makes it very hard to get in touch with people,  

Cats - Thank you so much - I'll look into it and will contact Drew. I can't see the problem with private messages, if somebody sent a nasty message we only have to block them Problem solved. 

The Avengers" (1960s British TV Series)

I've now watched all 51 Emma Peel Avengers episodes | Page 3 | Steve  Hoffman Music Forums   Diana Rigg, Emma Peel Lifesize Cardboard Cutout. Buy Diana Rigg, Emma Peel  cutouts, standups & standees at starstills.com

RIP (Rest in Peace) Sayings and Quotes | Rest in peace quotes, Prayer for  peace, Rest in peace

The Curse of Frankenstein | Pulp Curry

Audrey Hepburn is often remembered as one of the most charming and beloved actresses of Hollywood's golden age.

On the silver screen she was a magnetic presence, winning the love of her on-screen love interests and her audience in equal measures.

a person holding a pink umbrella: Audrey Hepburn (1929 - 1993) on a golf course at the Bürgenstock resort, Switzerland, 1954. © Getty Audrey Hepburn (1929 - 1993) on a golf course at the Bürgenstock resort, Switzerland, 1954.

But behind the scenes, Hepburn had a winding and complicated love life.

Two marriages, multiple heartbreaks, and reports of several affairs coloured the star's life, but two great romances truly defined it.

Mel Ferrer, 1953 - 1968

In 1953, Hepburn starred in her first lead role in Roman Holiday, giving a performance that would shoot her to stardom.

The new darling of Hollywood, it was clear Hepburn, then 24, had an incredible acting career ahead of her when she met her first great love.

Audrey Hepburn sitting on a bench next to a forest: Audrey Hepburn writing a letter in a palm grove, circa 1955. © Getty Audrey Hepburn writing a letter in a palm grove, circa 1955.

Mel Ferrer was an actor and director with two ex-wives, four children and 12 years on Hepburn when they were introduced at a party at Roman Holiday's British opening.

There was no doubt the pair were an odd match, but Hepburn quickly developed a fondness for Ferrer.

The following year they starred together in the Broadway play Ondine, where their romance bloomed, and Hepburn's star continued to rise.

She was nominated for a Tony for her performance, receiving an Academy Award nomination for Roman Holiday soon after, which she won.

The true story of Audrey Hepburn's two greatest romances - http://a.msn.com/07/en-au/BB18WUoM?ocid=se2

Audrey Hepburn ploughing a vineyard with her husband, American actor Mel Ferrer circa 1955.© Getty Audrey Hepburn ploughing a vineyard with her husband, American actor Mel Ferrer circa 1955.

Frail Hollywood star Ryan O'Neal, 79, reunites with Oscar-winning daughter Tatum and grandchildren as they pose together for the first time in 17 YEARS

Ryan O'Neal, 79, reunites with daughter Tatum and grandchildren for first family snap in

Ryan O'Neal was reunited with his once-estranged daughter Tatum and her three children on Sunday, as they posed for their first family picture together in 17 years. The legendary Hollywood actor, 79, looked frail but elated in the snap, as he sat flanked by his grandson Sean, 32, and Oscar winner Tatum, 56. Also featured in the heartwarming image were Tatum's other children Kevin, 34, and Emily, 29 - whose father is tennis icon John McEnroe.

Tatum and Ryan O'Neal | The Famous Dads and Kids Who Have Been in Movies  Together | POPSUGAR Entertainment Photo 3

Ryan O'Neal | American actor | Britannica

There are many more photos of her in this site below.

Rare and candid photographs of Audrey Hepburn dressed in character for films War And Peace and The Nun's Story go on sale for $10,000

Images of Audrey Hepburn dressed up for films War And Peace and The Nun's Story on sale

A selection of rare and candid photographs of Hollywood actress Audrey Hepburn taken during two of her major film roles are on sale for £6,000 by US-based auctioneers Nate D Sanders. The legendary actress was pictured while starring in 1956 epic War and Peace and also The Nun's Story, which was released three years later. In the former, which was an adaptation of Leo Tolstoy's classic novel, she starred as heroine Countess Natasha Rostova. Among the photos for the film are several portrait shots (left). Another shows her wearing a floral dress and bonnet (inset) and a third shows her being embraced by her co-star Henry Fonda (right).

Although Audrey Hepburn looked good in anything at all, always felt she was over-rated as an actress and even found her a bit irritating in some roles ....

Felt Tatum O'Neill and Ryan O'Neill were both great in 'Paper Moon' - love the film, and feel it just sort of works on every level....

Watched yet another repeat of 'Last of the Mohicans' over the weekend and yet again fell a bit madly in love with Daniel Day-Lewis' running through forests, scaling rapids and jumping through waterfalls and barely raising a sweat in the process...But he was also incredible in 'My Left Foot' which I've seen again in the past few weeks somewhere...

Hi Shetso  I know what you mean!   I could not understand why 
Audrey Hepburn won that Oscar, I think she played herself, perhaps the powers that be saw a fresh face and liked that in Roman Holiday.

Emma Stone's Unexpected Oscar Connection to Audrey Hepburn | Vanity Fair                Audrey Hepburn's 1953 'Roman Holiday' an enchanting fairy tale - Los  Angeles Times

The first of the actors that played this character of the flur trapper!

John Hart - Hollywood Star Walk - Los Angeles Times

John Hart he was American but it was a Canadian production with the BBC back then, I used to watch it as a child on a little black and white tv.

He later played the Lone Ranger!

OBITUARIES FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

Then came along Fess Parker who played the same character in colour Tv!

Fess Parker | American actor | Britannica 

Then came the modern day Daniel Boone that you have mentioned not sure which year that was though?

Daniel Day-Lewis in The Last of the Mohicans | Day lewis, Daniel day,  Michael mann  with Daniel Day Lewis

Grease Quiz Night | The Twisted Tree

HI HOLA,   have you worked out how to get your address to me,   re ZULU?     

Hi Cats, I posted on another thread Reality T.V. that I managed to get a copy of Zulu from a friend who has

been collecting for years. Thanks so much for your offer anyway. 

HOLA,    just caught up with your message,   glad you managed to get a copy,  it is a good movie,  both hubby and i like it,    ,    

War Movies 1960-1969 - 100 Years of Movie Posters - 53 | Movie posters,  George peppard, War movies

FirstPrev1234NextLast(page 2/4)
52 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment