Outstanding Women of 2015

Ask Men Magazine list of outstanding Women for 2015 No1 Emma Watson...

WHY IS EMMA WATSON OUTSTANDING?
Hermione Granger is courageous, loyal and moral to a fault — she embodies the best of J.K. Rowling's wizarding world. So it's fitting that the little girl who was cast to play her back in 1999 would grow up to become a woman not so different from the fictional heroine she embodied. The 24-year-old Watson has noble pursuits in mind. Her alignment with the United Nations' HeForShe campaign has made her the face of feminism right now, and she's helping change the way men think about women. Now that's power.

Emma Watson is so many incredible things at once — rich, successful, famous, stylish, beautiful, intelligent, personable, kind. And yet, rather than be content with a life of luxury, she's thrown her back into a serious social issue in an effort to shift the way our society treats women. — James Bassil, AskMen Publisher

12NextLast(page 1/2)
17 comments

No.6 

We've always thought in terms of making a million by age 30, but Elizabeth Holmes is thinking more in terms of billions — 4.5 of them, to be exact. The 31-year-old's health tech company, Theranos, has made her the youngest female billionaire in the world, but her goal is to completely change the landscape of how Americans think about their health by making blood tests fast, simple and affordable. In this case, convenience actually can save lives.

Who likes having blood drawn? No one, that's who. I can only hope that Elizabeth Holmes' invention makes its way to my doctor's office one day, so I can avoid the stress of watching a nurse hunt for veins (and the occasional fainting spell).— Chloe Albanesius, PCMag.com

FACT: Holmes is the youngest woman and third youngest person on the list of global billionaires. — Business Insider

No 8

Of course, marrying some famous Hollywood actor will put anyone in the spotlight, but Amal Clooney, née Alamuddin, is a perfect example of the kind of woman who doesn't get enough respect, considering her brains, talent and the work she's put into achieving success in her field. She's a high-powered human rights lawyer as much brains as glamor. 

Amal Clooney came into the spotlight this year when she married George Clooney, but she made a name for herself long before her wedding as a top human rights lawyer. She has fought to protect children from sexual violence in conflict zones and investigated war crimes in Gaza. — Jennifer Polland, Business Insider

FACT: Amal Clooney has been threatened with arrest in Egypt for publicly exposing flaws in their judicial system. — Yahoo

No 12

In Michelle Obama's final full year as FLOTUS, she’s continuing her tireless work to improve Americans’ lives through diet and exercise, a cause that all too often goes ignored considering its serious effects on the health of the nation. She also manages to make time for goofy appearances in viral videos alongside the likes of LeBron and Beyoncé. If there’s one way to get through to lazy kids, that’s it. And, call us crazy, but if the first first lady to later be president isn't Hillary...

My education is the starting point for every opportunity in my life. When we put limits on women's lives, we stifle their full potential. — Michelle Obama for Let Girls Learn

FACT: The U.S. government has allocated $250 million for the Let Girls Learn project, which was created by Michelle and Barack Obama. — Huffington Post

Seggie. And to all of those wonderful, wonderful volunteers who give up so much with little recognition. Those I know don't want it and many who have had much sadness in their lives, continue helping. We owe so much to them. They would call themselves ordinary, but I call them extraordinary.

Yes you are right Seggie the volenteers are the unsung heroes who go about their lives quietly .,,

But still it's nice to have high profile people setting an example ..,

No 36

Who says a toy can’t change the world? Sterling is the genius behind GoldieBlox, a revolutionary toy company that aims to get girls interested in engineering at an early age. Thanks to her, we’ll be seeing more women in the field in the very near future.

There are millions of girls who have it in them to become engineers; they just don't know it yet! It's important to introduce girls to basic engineering principles early so they can realize that this stuff is really fun. Hearing directly from girls who have built something with GoldieBlox — whether it's a handwritten note or picture — is something that motivates me everyday, and a constant reminder of the opportunity we have to make a difference. — Debra Sterling

FACT: In less than two years, Debra Sterling went from setting up a Kickstarter campaign to launch her company to having a float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. — Entrepreneur

No 99 

Most people know Jessica Alba as an actress, but not everyone knows about her work as the founder of The Honest Co., which makes environmentally friendly baby products. The mother of two founded the company in 2011 when she couldn’t find any products that she felt comfortable using on her own children. She clearly recognized a need for a new type of baby product and filled a void in the market. Since then, The Honest Co. has blown up and is now valued at almost $1 billion. An IPO is also reportedly in the works. — Jennifer Polland, senior editor, lists & travel, Business Insider

She's a super-smart businesswoman and crushed people's stereotypes of her just being some hot actress by being able to start a successful company. She's really such a smart, creative businesswoman. — Anastasia Ashley

FACT: Alba's Honest Company is expected to go public and expand into China in 2015 — CNBC

Hello Pete

i don't know about 2015, but this topic made me think about women who have truly made an immense contribution to humanity

i can think of 3

Jane Godall

Emily Pankhurst

Rosa Parks

Malala Yousafzai Biography

malalaMalala Yousafzai is a Pakistani school pupil and spokesperson for women’s right to education. In retaliation for her high profile campaign for education and criticism of the Taliban, she was shot in the head at close range by a Taliban gunman. She survived the gunshot wound and has become a leading spokesperson for human rights, education and women’s rights. She has received numerous peace awards, and received the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014 along with Kailash Satyarthi, an Indian children’s rights activist.

Biography Margaret Thatcher

Margaret Thatcher Margaret Thatcher (1925-2013) was Britain’s first female prime minister, who became a pivotal figure in British and world politics. After studying at Somerville College, Oxford university, Mrs Thatcher progressed through the ranks of the Conservative party to become education minister in Ed Heath’s government of the early 1970s. It was as education minister that Mrs Thatcher developed a rather crude nickname of “Maggie Thatcher – the milk snatcher” It was as education secretary that Mrs Thatcher ended free school milk. Even as a minister, Mrs Thatcher proclaimed that Britain would never have a female prime minister.

Biography Queen Elizabeth I

Queen Elizabeth I was an influential Queen of England reigning during a time of economic, political and religious upheaval. She presided over an era of economic and political expansion, which lay the framework for Britain’s later dominance as a world power. It was Queen Elizabeth who also established the supremacy of Protestantism in England.

Major achievements of Queen Elizabeth IUnited the country in a period of suspicion between Catholics and Protestants.Inspired troops to defeat the Spanish ArmadaPresided over a period of cultural and literary development in England.Life of Queen Elizabeth I

Elizabeth was born in Greenwich, England on 7th September 1533. She was the daughter of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. Anne Boleyn was Henry’s second wife. He divorced his first wife Catherine of Aragon after she had failed to produce a male heir. Unfortunately Anne Boleyn also failed to produce a male heir and would be executed for treason when Elizabeth was only 2 years old.

Hi Denzel my Choice would be a little different...

Hello Pete

dunno about that girl Malalai.

she was a victim of a horrific tragedy.

And she has used her tragedy to try and improve the plight of girls.

Different to someone who starts on a "crusade" solely on the strength of their convictions.

what I mean is. Would she have fought the fight if not for that sad event in her life

please share your list. I would be most interested.

I did above Dens . They were Malai Maggie and Liz 1  I could add if ypu wish?

Hello Again Pete

sorry I did not go to "page back"

still getting used to navigation in this site.

i Free with your choice if Maggie Thatcher

but I don't share the same views about Eluzabeth or Malalai

with respect to Malalai, j acknowledge the terrible atrocity that befell her and her school mates

the people I have the must respect for Ee those who out if pure conviction and not happenstance , gave taken up a cause for the greSter good of humanity

abd in the face if seemingly insurmountable odds 

the rich Hollywood types are to be appreciated as well for their support, but they are are doing it in the comfort of their champagne filled spa baths.

Theirs is ok real sacrifice.

how can these plastic fantastical compare to ones who have given of themselves so humanity may be elevated up a notch 

Oh Dens...you are too funny "still getting used to navigation on this site" ?  My my you are  a slow learner!! does 2011 ring any bells? 

Sorry for the typing errors. How do I fix? Hope you get my drift though 

No Probs ..

Denzel we have NO spelling correction on this forum --as far as forums go it is the WORST I have ever come across it is out dated and needs to be changed, why they don't change is a puzzle to me

12NextLast(page 1/2)
17 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment