Hyped $9.99 skincare range launching at Aldi

Aldi announced this week that they will be releasing a new range of retinol products for skincare and beauty priced at $9.99 each.

The range that launches on May 7th will be available in-stores under the award-winning brand Lacura.

Eye cream, night cream, facial hair remover and serum are just some of the products to be released.

Available in the line of products will also be a 5-day facial treatment kit for $14.99, as well as the Ultra-Glow Face Palette with four different shades also priced at $14.99.

Have you previously tried any of the Aldi line of Lacura products?

3 comments

I am not likely to try any of Aldi's "dupe" cosmetic products. I would say to people know what you are buying especially creams for use around the eyes.

I would equally apply your comment to any similar products supplied by other super markets. All the same, Aldi cosmetic products have already been sold and used successfully in many other countries.

Well, Marten, you seem to know a lot about make up and here you have me at a disadvantage because I do not wear make up. I get by with only lipstick.

If it suits you...buy and wear it... you do not need my permission!

My wife has tried the Lacura products before and was very happy with them. She will happily try these new products when they are available.

There is a hell of a lot of snobbery among women about skin care products largely around the idea that if you pay obscene amounts of money, you get a better product. I recall some years ago when Choice Magazine did a survey on moisturisers and their top product was a tube of cream sold by Safeway. Retailing at less than $10, according to Choice it outclassed brands like Estee Lauder or their equivalent.

From my experience, women still adhere to these ridiculous ideas. They are apparently not for changing!

Best moisturiser (in my opinion of course), for any skin type. It is the reason why I do not need makeup.....

Ego QV Skin Lotion 1 Litre - Your Discount Chemist

Also the wash (instead of ordinary soap). Brilliant!

Ego, the makers of QV Skin Lotion, is a wonderful Australian company with an interesting history.

Ego was founded when a young chemist, Gerald Oppenheim, and his wife, Rae, a nurse, saw a need for products to restore and maintain healthy skin. In the laundry of their suburban Melbourne home they developed Ego Pine Tar Bath Solution, later called Pinetarsol, which remains one of Australia’s most widely used inflammation treatments. The name ‘Ego’ is an acronym for Erwin and Gerald Oppenheim. Dr. Erwin Oppenheim, Gerald’s father was a dermatologist.

https://www.egopharm.com/au/en/about-us/our-journey.html

I often use their products.

You're very wise Sophie.

Many products are also the same, but sold as a cheaper line.

Lancôme anti-wrinkle cream $60 and L'Oreal anti-wrinkle cream $10 are identical from the same manufacturer.

Louis Vuitton handbag $600 is identical to a Zara handbag at $60.  

The manufacturers do this to reach different types of customers.

It occurs frequently.

Pharmaceutical companies do it all the time with branded products and the same generic brands.

A voltage regulator for an aircraft from an aviator supply company is $157 ... the identical item sold by an auto distributor is $19.

You've given some typical examples Axel of multi strategy in marketing. One company manufactures for the higher end of the market and the other for the lower end. 

Many companies are now inter-branding which is the only way to survive for some. 

3 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment