Fair or fail? Have your say on Federal Budget 2021

Did you watch Treasurer Josh Frydenberg's Budget speech on Tuesday night? In case you missed it here it is below:

And here's the government's 'propaganda' video.

What do you think of the Budget? Are you happy with it? Is the government taking us in the right direction? What are the big hits – and misses? Why not tell us what you think about the Budget, who it helps and who it ignores?

13 comments

IT IS PAINFULLY OBVIOUS THAT US PENSIONERS DON'T EXIST IN THESE PARASITES (government) MINDS'''''

Typical liberal party budget, NOTHING for pensioners and more draconian rules for the unemployed

It is all well and good for  the Government to make funding available for extra packages for Aged Care but my service provider cannot provide me with any services on either Thursdays or Fridays as they cannot attract enough staff to work those days so I have only services for three days a week unless I use the weekends for which they charge more. Yet this service charges a service fee and a management fee each month to almost a 1/4 of the funding ?

nothing for carers , yet again, stuck on 3.50 an hour with no support, wonder if we will get anything out of the aged care budget after all we do a lot of the caring.  

Nothing for the disabled , but then they are making massive cuts to funding, as one NDIS worker said  NDIS is not there to provide assistance re transport for those who cant access public transport.  etc

How do we organize a nationwide protest?? I am gut sick and tired of those parasitic criminals in parliament

If the Gov closed Christmas Island centre and gave pensioners a rise from that money saved , and sent family back to Biloela , that would have a great affect for everyone, and Empathy training and Christian values would be seen to be in place  , OMG , I've just woken up from my nanna nap ,  !  
bring on next election , 

Whatever the government handed down in the budget, someone would be belly-aching about it.

Well said!

I will throw up of I hear one more comment from the govt saying "this is a budget for all". Obviously this means pensioners don't belong anywhere, and are not one of the Aussies, because we are not included in the 'all'. I am so sick & tired of hearing the phrase "working families".

As for the ridiculous same old furphy about down sizing and putting money into super. The primary residence is not included in the assets/income test. But if you put that money into super it will be, most likely affecting your pension. 

And for those pensioners who aren't ready, or wanting, or needing aged care, and that's allot, no benefit what so ever. 

Well that answers that! I read and re-read and thought I had missed it,seems I didn't.

Aged people can get help if they want to downside from their owner occupied larger home.

Aged people with a super get a wad in concessions.

What of those who do not fit the above 2 pieces of criteria?

Out in the bloody cold again. Nothing either for Carers, so guess I will keep plugging on. So much for a budget being for all?

Anyone stating we are whiners - you are obviously someone who has super in the background or a pack of hidden cash under the bed. It truly matters where you live as to how much you pay out in utilities etc. I chose a regional area of a small town, and it WAS cheaper than the major town, not now though. Up goes the rate, the electricity, etc etc. Pension does not go up to cope with all of these. It's been proven and tested quite a few times, those wankers in Government were put to the test of managing on our Fortnight money, and they failed miserably. They do not live in our world or even on this planet. Its damn hard to cope with what we get for all our years of work, paying our taxes, and finally when they do bring in compulsory super, its too damn late for many of us.

You are right sunnyOz, we are expendable and an unwanted lot.

Two whingers continue whinging, one whinges about belly-achers and the other agrees, which proves that they live in the clouds, possibly tight-ar-ses with plenty of money.
Pensioners, pensioners of the working class, superannuation, none, investments many years ago, going  bust one after the other, all the funds disappearing, Lehman brothers, Pyramid Building Society, many more disappearing  with large funds from mum and dad investors, wiped off.

Who worked hard all their lives to create a great Australia, old-age pensioners who are alive and dead, thousands today living on the pension as their only income.

Morrison is a crook, liar, cheat and corrupt, along with many politicians in both major political parties' politicians, Libs and Labor, all of whom buy votes, as proved by this money-laundering budget because it was created by buffoons led by Morrison, none of whom have the financial acuity, awareness, guile, ingenuity, insight, intellect, intuition, judgement, shrewdness, vision or wisdom to positively run a country, not even a caravan of take-away food.

They allow a bunch of crooks, The Chinese Communist Party to take over our land, businesses, infrastructure and they pay fire-sale prices for all our products which are in the ground or grow in forests, and who are silly enough to believe the smelly clap-trap from Morrison when behind the smoke-screen he supports China 100%, he is a traitor.

I am sick of all the Aussie complainers. All I hear is complaints, have Aussies changed to be like the English.?

The pension with energy supplement, rent assistance etc etc is quite adequate to live comfortably, be grateful for what you get whingers. Try living in many other countries where I do in Thailand, no energy supplement, no rent assistance and other extras, where locals are lucky to get a pension of approx AUD35 per month. So shut up key board warriors. I get a partial Aussie pension and am extremely grateful.

For the people, by the people, with the people. Good budget, well done lads !!!!

Josh Frydenberg and Scott Morrison unveiling coronavirus stimulus - ABC  News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Pretty much agree with you.  I am a pensioner but really have no complaints.  I am not a greedy person and require just enough to live a decent and relaxing life.  As a side note, "have Aussies changed to be like the English?" (Bkk Chris), I feel that I must say that my ex-husband and a friend are the biggest whingers I have ever come across and would do Australia proud at the Olympics!

Yep, they don't make Aussies today like they used to. I'm afraid Suzley, you and I are a minority, we are surrounded by an ocean of whingers and whiners. Some of these whingies should try living in a country without all the perks that Australia offers.

Typical Liberal Govt. Looking after their wealthy upper class buddies. They have never cared about the real people who have worked hard all their lives doing it hard

To BKK Chris ,  are you living in Thailand because you can't afford to live in OZ.  ?

Come back and see how it is , before you rip into those who commented , 

Critical comment is not whingeing. People who accuse others of whining are just too scared to listen

to other points of view. It is their way of shutting down debate, and attempting to silence those who

are talking about the issues and the policies. It is a form of narrow minded sneering and bullying.

As for playing the racial/cultural card about being Australian, that is just another attempt to put people

down. Patronising and dismissive. You should really get out more and open your eyes to what is happening.

Nothing in the budget for pensioners -- low paid workers -- and you have to have 2 kids to gain anything from child care --what utter rubbish --mother should STAY at home till the kids are at school not hand them out to hell know who --if can't look after your kids DO NOT HAVE THEM this government is full of BS telling you what it is doing and doing NOTHING,  and the ministers that are not doing their job --plus the downright corrupt ones that should be sacked and what is Morrison doing about it all NOTHING

13 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment