Election 2010 - desperate 21st not so 28th & Why?

Well I won the bet on the 21st saying she has to be desperate to get in before we all find out something even more nasty than running up debts which will take years to pay off and a large deficit.

We are being asked to vote in a gang of 2 this time - Gillard and Swann both of whom have bungled just as badly as Rudd did - except he held the top job and now she does but still got dirty hands with her bungling of not only the school debacle but also Fair Work and that will become apparent in the next few weeks as the new awards came in July 1 and not enough was told to the public of the damaging effects on employment. Her style of leadership is very much like Rudd's style and why not she hasn't had the experience of any other PM other than Howard and of course naturally loathed him for not being a left winger.

Then we all know of the Insulation debacle which killed 4 people and ruined the lives of over 100 who lost their homes due to insulation not being installed correctly. Why? Well it seems that back in July 09 Rudd and Gillard were told it shouldn't be rushed as not enough qualified tradespeople to handle a big push to insulate a million homes for free and stimulate etc. But they did it anyway.

The Green policies that has run up our power bills so that the power co's can put money into renewable resources and I thought that that was what the carbon tax was going to do as well as compensate us on fixed incomes for the expected rise in the ETS. Not enough explanations for my liking and too high a power bill without any compensation extra from our Labor state government either who lied saying would cap a rise and then didnt.

Next the softening of the borders and the mess she has made of trying to stop it - more into playing politics and wasting our money on building a new centre in East Timor whose people do not want it and she said it is not their Parliament who will make the decision but their government - that says it all does it not? That is the attitude that has led us to where we stand today.

Also lets not forget the huge debts of which we have no real idea of how high or bad they really are but know they are the highest ever recorded in our history and a deficit of around 60 billion when the only reason we survived the GFC is because they got left no debts and a surplus of 22 billion in the bank and Banks regulated so could not do the nasty things the others did which caused the melt down and which was done under the good economic management of the last Government of Liberal and national Party in Coalition.

Really no contest as we are voting for our future and the well being of the majority of Australians and not for a woman, a person, a gang nor a particular Leader but a political party and must consider which party has the best record for governance.

then we have the NBN and what will that cost us all in the long run - far too early to tell but many say it will be costly for the consumer. Plus the filter which will make it slow down they say. Most who use the internet know the filter will be useless anyway but they will go ahead as part of social agenda in action by left wing Labor party who love communist ideas.

It is not about the Opposition this time seemingly but the same old election propaganda is being already rolled out.

It is not about Tony Abbott at all and do we like him as he is one part of a team nor about Julia Gillard and do we like her as she unfortunately has not been part of a team which is why the power brokers got rid of Rudd and his style of governance but she has not got rid of it at all and has shown it to be part of her governance and carrying on doing it Rudd's way without consulting which is not actually the Labor way as they tend to bore the pants off us spouting all the time about we must consult and consult and consult before we act!

We cannot afford to let Labor run up even more debt or ruin even more lives by job losses as we always end up with a recession under Labor - 1974 1983 1989 and remember we missed out on one in the Asian melt down as had a good Coalition government which could manage money and who left this one in good stead to get through the next melt down and they would have if they had only stopped and took note of the outcome of the money stimulus in December.

Nor can the Age Pensioner risk their pension going down to the dole and being treated as ''unproductive units" because we no longer work. We did our bit and deserve not to be made to feel a burden - we never made those before us feel that way.

Why is Labor so down on anyone past work - Gillard today said "work for a living" several times in her speech in the context of we need to work and youth needing to work. Listen for it in her speech which will have to be repeated on the ABC for sure or 7.30 Report or somewhere.

No this is what this election is about !

[b]So who will come out on top in this election.

The Labor Party or the people of Australia?[/b]

We simply cannot afford to risk losing even more of our living standards under Labor.

13 comments

I am sure the working people will loose far more under the Libs

A one liner that has more impact than the monotonous ramblings above.

More than the kids losing their after school jobs, businesses unable to afford to open Sundays because pays have gone up 150%, and nurses losing aprox $300 from their pay packets each week? under Labor's FAIR Work laws.

Dear PlanB and Fwed,

How can we lose more under a Liberal Government?

We lost everything under a Labor Government, and the only thing we gained was a MASSIVE debt!

As for 'monotonous' ramblings, Julia Gillard with her 'moving forward' monotony should move forward a bit quicker

and disappear in the distance.

Good for you, BigVal, at least YOU don't pontificate to the point of boredom. :-)

Dear Gizmo--Her moving forward is no different to the Abbott statement --THE BIG NEW TAX----

You tend to forget that the Lab came in a very bad time--I would have liked to see the mess we would have been in if the Libs had be in--we would all be out of work

You tend to forget that the Lab came in a very bad time-

Labor came in at a very good time....the best this nation had seen in decades!

When Labor came in the country had the lowest unemployment figures since WW2....and over $20billion in the bank,,,and NO Debt.

Labor was warned of the financial problems looming....they ignored the warnings.

Rudd spent [i]his[/i] time travelling the world and rubbishing the previous govt.

Rather than planning ahead, they panicked and spent all the money we had in the bank, and started borrowing $$$billions more. They were warned by the coalition as well as other financial experts, of rushing , and ignored the lot. The consequence?

We are in massive debt , the likes of which have never been seen before, people dead, houses destroyed, insulation businesses gone under, overpriced school halls and canteens, with yet more rorting taking place, and now $$billions more having to be spent trying to fix the problems they have caused themselves.

Had Rudd , Gillard and Swan listened to even Malcolm Turnbull, we would be in a very different place.

Her moving forward is no different to the Abbott statement --THE BIG NEW TAX----

The real reason Gillard has chosen MOVING FORWARD is because she desperately doesn't want the electorate to look back on her last 3 years of disastrous government of failed policies and sheer wanton waste of our taxes. To repeat the same slogan 20 odd times in a speech is amateur politics at its worst.

Anyone with half a brain will realise the gang of four (including Gillard) are entirely responsible for 30 odd policy failures of the Rudd/Gillard government. I shouldn't have to list these failures again because IF you are honest, you will know them well as you helped pay for them.

How some women can vote for Gillard just because she is one of them astounds me to just how shallow and sheep-like some people can be

I also find it strange how BOTH leaders are running around the country kissing babies and shaking hands before giving a full policy speech listing their aims.

The real reason Gillard has chosen MOVING FORWARD is because she desperately doesn’t want the electorate to look back on her last 3 years of disastrous government of failed policies and sheer wanton waste of our taxes. To repeat the same slogan 20 odd times in a speech is amateur politics at its worst.

If anyone watched Insiders last Sunday, they would have heard the rubbishing of Gillard's slogan by all the commentators, including Cassidy himself. I liked the final word from Dennis Atkins: "Moving forward is a slogan searching for a destination"

Also if anyone watched Laurie Oakes interviewing Wayne Swan, they would have heard Swan informing us polls mean nothing. Yet it was because the polls were going against Labor that Rudd was knifed in the back!

By the way, Rudd 'moved forward'.... and that's how he was stabbed in the back! Lol

and that’s how he was stabbed in the back

Noone stabbed anyone among the politicians.

There were no weapons used.

People tend to pick up sayings printed in the media and reuse them.

If you think politics isn't dirty then think again - and that applies to all brands of politics.

It is strange when every Liberal supporter was anti Rudd that they now complain when a new leader takes over.

Maybe because the polls now show that Julia Gillard in the latest newspoll increased her lead as preferred Prime Minister to 57% against Tony Abbott's 27%

Labors primary vote is at 42% and the coalition dropped to 38%.

On a 2 party preffered Labor is at 55% (up 4% on the previous poll) to Libs 45%.

The only poll that counts though is on August 21st and the Australian voters will make the decision.

Both of them give me the -----s with the-- Moving forward-- and --The great big new tax-- and the nursing babies etc also gives them to me to me it is all so very insincere

It is strange when every Liberal supporter was anti Rudd that they now complain when a new leader takes over.

Now I know you aren't talking to me fwed because I dare to mention Gillard's rather larger than life nether regions, but you must be thick because its the WAY Rudd was shafted by Gillard after agreeing to his compromise then welched on it. Trust ? She wouldn't know the meaning of the word!

She expects the electorate to ignore all her failures and judge her on what she has achieved so far in the top job, which is errr -- NOTHING

Tanwin, fortunately the majority of electors do not cast a vote because of the size of Julia's backside or the look of Jessica Watson's teeth as you seem to do.

As I said the latest newspoll has her lead as preferred Prime Minister at 57% against Tony Abbott’s 27% .

Obviously you belong in the minority and don't seem to like it. :)

Obviously the polls mean very little. If this poll were correct, The

Liberal/Nat Coalitian would not hold a single Seat in Australia

Unfortunately a lot of Australian Voters wont vote for Gillard, simply

because of her butt & just as many wont vote for Abbott because he

is a Catholic & wears lycra. The Political Polls are very affected by

where they are taken. Eg., A poll taken on 2UW would show that

Liberal will walk this Election in & a similar poll taken on 2CH would

show exactly the opposite. The fact is that Tony could have 3 heads &

the died in the wool Lib. voter will still vote for him. My personal feeling

is that she will win by a much smaller majority with Greens holding the

balance of power in the Upper House.

13 comments