Carers Virtual 2020

In April this year, The Prime Minister of Australia, Kevin Rudd convened an Australia 2020 Summit at Parliament House to help shape a long term strategy for the nation’s future.

The purpose was to look beyond the short-term outcomes dictated by the electoral cycle and develop long-term options for the nation.

Carers Australia believes carers should hold their own 2020 to ensure their views form part of this vision.

We are holding an online version specifically focussed on carer issues.

It will be called the Carers Virtual 2020.

The Carers Virtual 2020 kicks off at 10am (AEST) Friday 1 August, go to www.carers2020.com.au

We want our 2020 to be as inclusive as possible, so we are opening it up to anyone who wants to offer their opinion about the future of caring in Australia.

The Carers Virtual 2020 will run throughout August to allow participants from all over Australia to take part at a time that suits them from the comfort of their own homes.

We are looking for big ideas that will help provide sustainable support for Australia’s carers.

What should this country have achieved for its carers by the year 2020?

We invite you to take part in this important event.

Please pass this invitation on to your friends and colleagues as well.

Following the open discussion, the University of Canberra will prepare a report to be handed to the Government during Carers Week.

So Australia, we want to hear from you.

What’s the big idea?

2 comments

I will be in on that.There is precious little "real" assistance of any value for Carers at the moment.For example, I would really like to be able to meet and talk with some other carers - without travelling hours on public transport to do so.I don't want fancy "programs" - I just want to be connected to others in a similar situation.

Dear Jacinta,

we appreciate your comments and views on the ideas out forward by the Carers Virtual 2020. The website is www.carers2020.com.au.

We are also in the process of re-developing the Carers Australia website which will have forums for you to interact with other carers.

We have also set up pages on social networking sites if you would like to contact other carers that way.

Regards,

Carers Australia

2 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment