Big Day Out for Seniors 2013

The Addison Road Community Centre, along with the RSPCA NSW and other much-loved organisations such as Reverse Garbage, Ethnic Child Care and The Exodus Foundation will host a fun-filled ‘Big Day Out’ for Seniors and their pets during 2012 NSW Seniors Week.

Centre and is a day to celebrate, recognise and thank seniors for the contribution they provide to our community. Big Day Out for Seniors will be held on Tuesday 19 March at The Addison Road Community

Seniors will enjoy a big day out filled with a range of fun and engaging activities including:

• Creative reuse workshops conducted by Reverse Garbage
  • Self-defence demonstrations and advice by Australian Martial Arts
  • Shared knowledge gardening workshop,
  • A guided history tour of The Addison Road Community Centre
  • Screenings of old time news reels and features films
  • Live entertainment and music
  • Free food provided by The Exodus Foundation

“While Big Day Out for Seniors is a celebratory day for our Seniors it is also a multi-generational event,” said Rosanna Barbero, General Manager of The Addison Road Community Centre. “We welcome and encourage people of all ages to come and enjoy this inaugural event, to spend time together and share stories, learn new things – and importantly - learn things about the past from Seniors who have many, many stories to tell.”

Working in collaboration with the RSPCA NSW, seniors are invited to bring along their beloved pet dogs to Big Day Out for Seniors to also enjoy the day. RSPCA NSW Veterinarians and Vet Nurses will conduct FREE vet checks and will be on-hand to offer pet care advice to keep four legged companions happy and healthy.

In addition, dogs will be allowed to join their owners inside the Matinee Theatre and go back to the ‘good old days’ as Reverse Garbage’s Aspa and Jamie screen old time newsreels, short features (such as The Three Stooges) and a classic full-feature 16mm film on the big screen.

The Addison Road Community Centre would like to invite Seniors in the local area to submit any stories they may have in relation to their experience working/visiting/ volunteering at The Addison Road Community Centre over the years.  Please mail submissions to:

The Addison Road Community Centre
142 Addison Road
Marrickvile NSW 2204

- Ends –

Event listing: Seniors Big Day Out 2013

Date & Time:  Tuesday 19 March 2013, 10am to 2:30pm

Location:  The Addison Road Community Centre (ARCC), Marrickville

Cost:  FREE

Event enquiries:  02 9569 7633 or mainoffice@addisonrdcentre.com.au

Access:  Wheelchair accessible and accessible toilets. Parking is available on site, free of charge. Public transport via the 428 Bus from Circular Quay/Central arrives at ARCC front gates.

Notes: All pets brought to the event must be on lead and up-to-date with their vaccination and worming.

3 comments

Is there free transport to the event

From north Qld ?

Unfortunately no free transport from North Qld sorry.

LOL, I got all excited when I saw the beginning of this post as Addison Rd is just around the corner from where I live but I don't think my should be heritage listed Diahatsu will make it NSW.

I wish they'd have something like that here, or maybe there is and as usual I'll be last to know?

3 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment