Animal Antics

Random acts of kindness. Kindness is a quality that shows you… | by Waleed  Tariq | Medium

Ancient black swans hunted to extinction, NZ's swans from ...

FirstPrev 117 118 119 120 121 NextLast(page 119/141)
1961 comments

Spring Kisses, Olympic National Park, Washington | Animals, Cute baby  animals, Cute animals

Catching this photo of the two of them at the right time is another marvel.

Deer and bird https://www.dogstreettees.com/ | Animals friends, Animals  wild, Animals friendship

Georgous photo's Celia.

I thought so too, to be in the right place at the right time too.

Yes definately, most good animal photo's require a lot of luck and patience.

Doggy doubles! Proud owners show off adorable 'cuddle clone' slippers that look exactly like their pets Dog owners show off their adorable 'cuddle clone' slippers

As the nights get darker and the temperature plummets, more people are spending time at home, and looking for a cosy pair of slippers to cuddle up in. But rather than getting a generic pair, pet owners can now pick up a fetching pair of unique slippers - that look exactly like their beloved cat or dog.  Custom made by US company Cuddle Clones,  the adorable slip-ons will set you back £154 for a pair. Happy pet owners from across the globe have posed with their perfect doppelganger slip ons, which includes a French Bulldog, a Golden Retriever, a Labrador, and a Dachshund.

Well I did not know that was a thing, very expensive slippers though. What next?

Not my taste at all!

sweet dreams .....sweet dreams..... of a world in which we can be what we  are, wild and free | Animals, Baby wolves, Animals wild

dog photography beauty animals cute life beautiful animal nature natural  fox foxes dogs pet pets rose-clementine •

100+ Animal Gallery | Cute baby animals, Cute animals, Animals wild

I thought these were so cute.

Awww so adorable.

Pets now allowed in Sydney apartments as a strata rule banning them is lifted in the court of appeal after one woman's five-year fight to keep her miniature schnauzer in her unit

The unanimous verdict from three judges means no building in NSW can impose a blanket ban on pets.

Jo Cooper (pictured with miniature schnauzer Angus and husband Leo) won a ruling preventing unit blocks creating bylaws to prohibit pets in NSW Court of Appeal  

Jo Cooper (pictured with miniature schnauzer Angus and husband Leo) won a ruling preventing unit blocks creating bylaws to prohibit pets in NSW Court of Appeal

Ms Cooper took to Instagram to reflect on her campaign.

'Five years and two-and-a-half months, having every sort of abuse thrown at me, being verbally and physically abused, betrayed by my local MP. NCAT success followed by NCAT appeal overturn and severe cost orders against me,' she wrote.

'My character dragged through the mud and defamed on pure lies. Politicians sitting on the fence, an E-petition with 12,561 signatures, successfully organising an amendment in the upper house only to have a political campaign against it. Losing faith in what is fair and ethical.

'Twenty two years of the Horizon encouraging people to breach a bylaw because it's easier to control, encourage preferential treatment of certain people to have pets and then litigate against me for asking to change the bylaw and saying enough of the duplicity.

'To launch a hate campaign against me instead of demonstrating some emotional intelligence and compassion.

'I am beyond thrilled that the Court of Appeal today found that a blanket ban on pets is harsh, unconscionable and oppressive.

Ms Cooper's fight was to keep her miniature schnauzer Angus (pictured together and with Ms Cooper's husband Leo) in the Horizon apartment complex in Darlinghurst in Sydney 

Ms Cooper's fight was to keep her miniature schnauzer Angus (pictured together and with Ms Cooper's husband Leo) in the Horizon apartment complex in Darlinghurst in Sydney

'To all the beloved pets of NSW, you are safe, loved and have many homes now. Today justice, fairness, equity and humanity won.

'Thank you to everyone who stood by me, this has been the longest road and I will need a minute to let it sink in.'

Ms Cooper believes having pets are incredibly helpful for a person's mental health and wellbeing and are an antidote to loneliness, anxiety and depression.

She has set up a GoFundMe to help pay her legal costs, which has raised more than $27,000. 

The court ruled the Horizon complex would be responsible for the cost of the hearings, amounting to about $500,000.

They have the opportunity to appeal the decision in the High Court of Australia in Canberra. 

'I had hoped for it go to one way, but it's gone the other way, and it's far too early yet to say what we'll do next,' Horizon chair Marilyn Robertson told Domain.

The decision means no building in NSW can impose a blanket ban on animals. Horizon (pictured) have the opportunity to appeal the decision in the High Court of Australia  

The decision means no building in NSW can impose a blanket ban on animals. Horizon (pictured) have the opportunity to appeal the decision in the High Court of Australia

Horizon is not the only apartment building caught up in a pet ban battle, with the Elan complex in Kings Cross pursuing costs against Bob Roden, who applied to NCAT to be able to have a dog in his unit.

Like Ms Cooper, the 73-year-old's case was overturned by an NCAT appeal panel, which has now been reinstated following the decision on Monday.

Mr Roden was due to pay $30,000 in costs for the Elan complex, which is now unlikely, while the Elan strata committee will meet to plan their next move.

'The judgment shows that they don't have the right to interfere with what people want to do in their own apartments as long as they don't affect others. I think everyone in the buildings that previously banned animals will now discover that the world won't end, and that no one will be greatly inconvenienced by some of us owning animals,' Mr Roden said.

Barrister Richard Gration said the effects of the decision will be broad and make it tough for people with fears and allergies of animals.

'This does put limits on the extent that owners can democratically create rules for their own buildings, and bylaws now can't be used for anything people do in their own lot that doesn't affect others,' he said.

Ms Cooper believes having a pet (her dog Angus pictured) is helpful for a person's mental health and wellbeing Ms Cooper believes having a pet (her dog Angus pictured) is helpful for a person's mental health and wellbeing

Heart-warming footage shows the incredible bond between a pair of dogs and their family’s horse—with the doggies always clamoring to take the pony for walks.

SWNS

Nine-year-old miniature horse Bon Jovi, nicknamed Bonnie, was rescued from an abusive home and adopted by Jessica Chemin four years ago.

Bonnie now lives with Jessica and her two French bulldogs, Lola and Nacho, at their home in Cape Town, South Africa.

The animals have become the closest of friends and spend their days playing together and enjoying each other’s company.

RELATED: It’s Official: Study Finds That Watching Cute Animals is Good for Your Health

Jessica filmed the first time the sweet pooches took hold of Bonnie’s reigns and began leading him outside for a walk.

21-year-old Jessica, who is in her final year of studying organizational psychology at the University of Cape Town said, “He was named after Bon Jovi because of his wild nature, but after living with us he has calmed down so much and become such a ‘homebody’.

“We often find him sneaking into the house because he knows where the snack drawer in the kitchen is.”

“I couldn’t believe it when I saw Lola and Nacho taking Bonnie for a walk. It really has taken their relationship to the next level as now whenever they see the lead rein being clipped onto Bonnie’s halter, they both want to lead him up to the stables.

Of her menagerie of animals, she noted, “They all get on so well. I will often find Lola and Nacho down in the garden, lying on the grass while Bonnie grazes nearby. The three of them really seem to have the sweetest kinship and seeing their friendship makes my heart so full.”

WATCH SHORT VIDEO HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zrgux7a0Jo&feature=emb_logo

Very sweet, loved watching the video of them.  Wonder if the pony gets tired though?

Thanks Incognito that was great to view.

A Utah man filmed the terrifying six minutes he was stalked and lunged at by a cougar after he accidentally came too close to her cubs as he hiked on Saturday.  

Kyle Burgess, 26, was heading back from a trail run at Slate Canyon near Provo at around 5pm when he spotted the cubs ahead of him, according to KSL.com

Within seconds, their mother appeared, beginning a tense encounter as she hissed and snarled at Burgess while pushing him back along the path.  

Scroll down for video

A cougar stalked hiker Kyle Burgess for a terrifying six minutes on Saturday afternoon 

A cougar stalked hiker Kyle Burgess for a terrifying six minutes on Saturday afternoon

On several occasions, the cougar leaped forward to push Burgess back 

On several occasions, the cougar leaped forward to push Burgess back

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8832929/Terrifying-moment-cougar-launches-hiker-Utah-stalking-SIX-MINUTES.html#v-8843217952442172387

'Once I did realize what they were, I was like, that's mom right there. I'm screwed,' he told Fox 13.  

Burgess had started to film when the mother arrived and continued to record as she approached and he began to back away. 

In the six-minute clip posted to Instagram, a terrified Burgess swears and shouts at the cougar to try and scare it.

Despite his panic, he remembered to back slowly away and tried to make himself as large as possible. 

The cougar came within feet of him as it began to jump toward him with its claws out around three minutes in. 

'No! No! Go away! Please go away!' Burgess shouts as the animal lunged. 

'C'mon dude! I don't feel like dying today!' he adds. 

Burgess said he had watched YouTube videos previously about how to react in such a situation and on several occasions, tried to grab something to throw but the cougar leaped forward every time he tried. 

Burgess was eventually able to reach down and grab a rock to throw at the cougar, sending it running away back to its cubs. 

'So yeah, that just happened … holy cow. Yeah, not going back that way,' Burgess says at the end of the video, as he shows his shaking hand while he sits on the ground to recover. 

He stayed there for another half an hour before calming down enough to make the two-mile journey down the canyon.,   

Kyle Burgess, 26, was heading back from a trail run at Slate Canyon near Provo at around 5pm when he spotted the cubs ahead of him. The mother appeared within seconds 
 She stalked him back down the trail  

Kyle Burgess, 26, was heading back from a trail run at Slate Canyon near Provo at around 5pm when he spotted the cubs ahead of him. The mother appeared within seconds

He remained sitting on the path for 30 minutes as he recovered from the shock

Burgess said that he still can't believe it happened and that it was a 'very long 6 minutes' 

Burgess said that he still can't believe it happened and that it was a 'very long 6 minutes'

'I felt for sure like "this is going to hurt, this won't be fun", especially all those times where she kind of pounces at me,' he said Monday, adding that he still can't believe it happened and keeps thinking it was a dream. 

'It was a very long 6 minutes.' 

Burgess also reported the sighting to the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources but a pair of state conservation officers did not locate the cougar and its cubs when they checked the area Sunday. 

'It's a great reminder that we're not alone out there,' said Scott Root, the division's outreach manager, adding that the video was 'alarming' and 'kind of a scary video to watch'.

'She wanted to make sure that he was not a threat. She let him know very well that you need to get out of here, and he did that,' he said. 

Root believes that Burgess handled the situation the best way possible. 

'He didn't turn around and run, which was the right thing. He made lots of noise; he didn't crouch or do anything to get smaller. We want to appear big, so basically he did great,' he said. 

'I really admire that he did everything right.'

I heard about that on the news, very scary.

Love this photo of the Lion, it shows so much emotion!

Yes he looks very cross about something or has his eye on something.

Kate Middleton praised artists for 'showing us the magic of the natural wild' as she announced Wildlife Photographer of the Year at the Natural History Museum during a virtual ceremony tonight.

The Duchess of Cambridge, 38, visited the London attraction this week ahead of the event in order to film her segment announcing that Russian photographer Sergey Gorshkov had scooped the prestigious prize with his image The Embrace, showing a Siberian tigress hugging a fir tree. 

Kate, who is patron of the museum, oozed glamour during the appearance, opting for a £1240 chic black blazer with puff sleeves from Alexander McQueen and matching top and trousers. 

As part of the announcement, The Duchess thanked the 49,000 people who entered from across the globe and said: 'The skill and creativity of this year's images provide a moving and fascinating insight into the beauty and vulnerability of life on our planet.

'Thank you to all those who entered for showing us the magic of the natural world, and for reminding us that caring for our environment and its precious biodiversity has never been more important.' 

Scroll down for video 

Kate Middleton, 38, (pictured) praised artists for 'showing us the magic of the natural wild' as she announced Wildlife Photographer of the Year at the Natural History Museum during a virtual ceremony tonight 

Kate Middleton, 38, (pictured) praised artists for 'showing us the magic of the natural wild' as she announced Wildlife Photographer of the Year at the Natural History Museum during a virtual ceremony tonight

The Duchess of Cambridge (pictured) wowed in a chic black blazer during a visit to the Natural History Museum as she announced the winner of the Wildlife Photographer of the Year at a virtual award ceremony tonightRussian photographer Sergey Gorshkov has scooped the prestigious prize with his image The Embrace, showing a Siberian tigress hugging a fir tree (pictured) 

Russian photographer Sergey Gorshkov has scooped the prestigious prize with his image The Embrace, showing a Siberian tigress hugging a fir tree (pictured)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8835879/Kate-Middleton-announces-Wildlife-Photographer-Year-Natural-History-Museum.html

Kate revealed the winner of the prestigious award was Russian photographer  Sergey Gorshkov (pictured) for his incredible image The Embrace, which took 11 months to capture with hidden cameras

Kate revealed the winner of the prestigious award was Russian photographer  Sergey Gorshkov (pictured) for his incredible image The Embrace, which took 11 months to capture with hidden cameras 

'Many congratulations to you Sergey, and thank you to all of those who entered for showing us the magic of the natural world, and for reminding us that caring for our environment and its precious biodiversity has never been more important.'

Gorshkov's image took more than 11 months to capture with hidden cameras. 

It was announced yesterday that the Duchess would reveal the winner of the prestigious awards, which took place virtually this year. 

In a video shared to the Kensington Royal Instagram page yesterday, Kate said: 'It's so wonderful to be back at the re-opened Natural History Museum where we can all enjoy it's treasures once again. I'm here because tomorrow night, I'm announcing the 56th Wildlife Photographer of the Year.'

This is the second time that The Duchess has joined the Natural History Museum in honouring photographers at the annual awards ceremony. In 2014 Kate awarded the Grand Title winners to celebrate the fiftieth year of the competition.

Now in its fifty-sixth instalment, the Natural History Museum's Wildlife Photographer of the Year is the world's longest running and most prestigious annual wildlife photography competition

Great photo of an endangered Tiger.

ISRAEL SET TO BECOME FIRST COUNTRY TO BAN THE ANIMAL FUR TRADE

Posted by Katie Valentine | October 6, 2020

Israel Set to Become First Country to Ban the Animal Fur TradeImage Credit: Wikimedia Commons/Sergey Ryzhkov

In a momentous step forward for animal rights, Israel will become the first country to ban buying and selling animal furs.

Environmental Protection Minister Gila Gamliel, who announced the plan for new regulations, criticized the fashion industry’s use of animal skin and fur as “immoral.”

“The fur industry causes the killing of hundreds of millions of animals around the world, and involves indescribable cruelty and suffering,” she told BBC News.

Violators of the new law, which will grant some exceptions for religious and other reasons, will face up to a year in prison and fines of up to $22,000.

The vast majority of Israeli citizens agree that killing animals for fashion is wrong, according to a survey from the nonprofit Animals Now, the Times of Israel reported.

Around 100 million animals are killed annually at fur farms around the world to supply the fashion industry.

Meanwhile, numerous companies have chosen to go fur-free when faced with increasing criticism from animal rights organizations and the public in recent years. Major brands like Macy’s, Prada, Burberry, Michael Kors, Gucci, Chanel, Versace, and, most recently, Nordstrom are among the companies that have banned fur or pledged to become fur-free.

Last year, California became the first U.S. state to adopt a fur-free policy, which becomes effective in 2023.

Well thats interesting, I can remember as a child that there used to be so many Jewish ladies that wore fur coats back in the UK where we lived.

Denmark begins culling 2½ MILLION minks after coronavirus was found on 63 fur farmsMink breeder Thorbjoern Jepsen holds up a mink, as police forcibly gained access to his mink farm in Gjoel, Denmark, Friday,  Oct. 9, 2020. The culling of at least 2.5 million minks in northern Denmark has started, authorities said Monday after the coronavirus has been reported in at least 63 farms. The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration is handling the culling of the infected animals while breeders who have non-infected animals on a farm within 8 kilometers (5 miles) from an infected farm must put them to sleep themselves.   (Henning Bagger /Ritzau Scanpix via AP)

Denmark began culling at least 2.5 million minks in Gjoel, west of Aalborg, on Thursday. At least 63 farms in the north of the country have reported coronavirus infections in their minks.

So sad they are still breeding them in the first place. For a country that is ahead in progress of so many other things they are certainly backward when it comes to using animals for fur. Housing so many animals in one place can certainly breed any disease because it is so unnatural.

A swimming dog has narrowly escaped the jaws of a hungry crocodile after being chased through the ocean.

A woman holidaying at Umagico, 35km south of Cape York in Far North Queensland, posted a video online of the close call at Alau beach on Sunday morning. 

A dog could be seen playing in the water as the massive predator torpedoed towards it, stalking the pooch as it desperately tried to get back onto dry land.

'Come on, come here!' the desperate owners beckoned from the sand.  

The crocodile (right) came within metres of the dog (left) before it decided to resume running back to its owners

The pet begins running towards the shore then abruptly stops to look at the crocodile as it rapidly approaches. 

The reptile is just metres away from its intended prey when the dog decides to turn and dash out of the water to its owners. 

A man watching the gripping incident unfold could be seen nervously interlocking his hands on his head.

Hannah, who filmed the clip and shared it via her Facebook blog Han and Her Four Men, said the dog is a well loved local pet. 

'There were about 15 people on the bank watching it unfold and every single person had their hearts in their mouths,' Hannah told Daily Mail Australia. 

'We all looked at each other afterwards with utter dismay and shock at what we had just witnessed. 

'You watch David Attenborough on the screen and get nervous but to witness it in real life is absolutely heart stopping. Everyone was just so thankful it was a happy ending!'

The dog made it back to shore and dashed back to its owners to the relief of nervous onlookers The dog made it back to shore and dashed back to its owners to the relief of nervous onlookers

The footage also had social media users' hearts racing, with many commenting the dog was lucky to evade an attack.  

'S**t that was close,' one woman wrote.

'The moment the dog realised ''s** I’m in trouble here'', was just in time. Very lucky dog.'

'Wow the croc was making good ground on the very lucky pup. That’s a good happy ending.' 

The incident comes weeks after a Staffordshire bull terrier was devoured by a three-metre crocodile in Cairns. 

A local doctor was walking his pet in Palm Cove on September 23 when he lost sight of the dog near the water's edge.  

The dog could be heard barking and screeching before vanishing, with the predator located a short time later with an enlarged belly. 

A dog has had close encounter with a massive crocodile while swimming at Alau beach, just south of Cairns,  in Far North Queensland A dog has had close encounter with a massive crocodile while swimming at Alau beach, just south of Cairns,  in Far North Queensland

Irresponsible pet owners, why can't they just keep them on a leash in croc areas, for goodness sake!

FirstPrev 117 118 119 120 121 NextLast(page 119/141)
1961 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment