Animal Antics

Random acts of kindness. Kindness is a quality that shows you… | by Waleed  Tariq | Medium

Ancient black swans hunted to extinction, NZ's swans from ...

FirstPrev 116 117 118 119 120 NextLast(page 118/141)
1961 comments

LOL

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8818325/Farmer-sings-Sunshine-Ivy-donkey-foal-Ohio.html#v-6537778209296302550

In an adorable video, farmer Dean Fagan rocks his three-month-old donkey Ivy to sleep 
 Dean Fagan sang one of his donkey foals a lullaby on his farm Jackass Junction in Marengo, Ohio 

In an adorable video, farmer Dean Fagan rocks his three-month-old donkey Ivy to sleep as he sings her a lullaby on his farm Jackass Junction in Marengo, Ohio

Mr Fagan regularly serenades his rescue donkeys on his 67-acre donkey sanctuary, which he co-manages with his wife Dawn, who recorded the tender moment   +3  

Mr Fagan regularly serenades his rescue donkeys on his 67-acre donkey sanctuary, which he co-manages with his wife Dawn, who recorded the tender moment

Viewers were quick to praise the farmer for his touching song as well as sharing their love for the miniature donkeys.

One viewer responded: 'Only a person with an amazing soul would do this. So glad to see people loving animals.'

Another said: 'Now that's real LOVE.' 

The married couple manage a donkey sanctuary on their 67-acre farm, where Mr Fagan regularly serenades their rescue donkeys.

How sweet of this guy, I love donkeys always wished I could have one or two, along with a huskie, goat, sheep etc lol.

A bear who was abandoned by his mother and raised by humans now has a career as a model posing alongside children and adults.

Photographer, Mila Zhdanova, 40, from Moscow, met Stepan the 28-year-old brown bear through her friendship with the bear's owners, Svetlana and Yuri Pantileenko. 

Inspired by Stepan's friendliness around humans, Mila set out to create a series of fantasy-inspired scenes featuring Stepan posing alongside models in traditional Russian dress. 

A bear who was abandoned by his mother and raised by humans now has a career as a model posing alongside children and adults. He is pictured posing with a child  

A bear who was abandoned by his mother and raised by humans now has a career as a model posing alongside children and adults. He is pictured posing with a child

Photographer, Mila Zhdanova, 40, from Moscow, met Stepan the 28-year-old brown bear through her friendship with the bear's owners, Svetlana and Yuri Pantileenko. Pictured: Stepan with a model 

Photographer, Mila Zhdanova, 40, from Moscow, met Stepan the 28-year-old brown bear through her friendship with the bear's owners, Svetlana and Yuri Pantileenko. Pictured: Stepan with a model 

Inspired by Stepan's friendliness around humans, Mila set out to create a series of fantasy-inspired scenes featuring Stepan posing alongside models in traditional Russian dress. Pictured: Stepan enjoys a lollipop 

Inspired by Stepan's friendliness around humans, Mila set out to create a series of fantasy-inspired scenes featuring Stepan posing alongside models in traditional Russian dress. Pictured: Stepan enjoys a lollipop 

The shoot was done across several months in Moscow, as Stepan can only work for around half an hour at a time. 

'We do have bears but I want to show in my pictures that we do smile. Shooting with Stepan is such a treat and I have to restrain my emotions.

'Stepan is so friendly thanks to his trainers' care and love. I've worked with models from Thailand, Australia, Germany, Britain, and Israel who have all flown to work with him.

The shoot was done across several months in Moscow, as Stepan can only work for around half an hour at a time. Pictured: Stepan enjoys a loving cuddle with this model 

The shoot was done across several months in Moscow, as Stepan can only work for around half an hour at a time. Pictured: Stepan enjoys a loving cuddle with this model

A bear who was abandoned by his mother and raised by humans now has a career as a model posing alongside children and adults. Pictured: Stepan enjoys a yummy snack in the snow 

A bear who was abandoned by his mother and raised by humans now has a career as a model posing alongside children and adults. Pictured: Stepan enjoys a yummy snack in the snow

Talking about the shoot, Mila said that people have some stereotyped ideas about Russia and she wanted to show Russians smiling. Pictured: Stepan after he was abandoned as a cub 

Talking about the shoot, Mila said that people have some stereotyped ideas about Russia and she wanted to show Russians smiling. Pictured: Stepan after he was abandoned as a cub

Stepan glances up through the flowers as he cuddles up with a model. The shoot took several month to compete as Stepan can only shoot for 30 minutes at a time  

Stepan glances up through the flowers as he cuddles up with a model. The shoot took several month to compete as Stepan can only shoot for 30 minutes at a time

'Some had heard of the modelling bear and had been dreaming of this for five years.

'The shoots are pure delight. There's never any issues. I've had more problems photographing kittens. 

'I hope people see the beauty and strength in animals and nature through my photos.'

In one image, a woman in a full-length fairy-tale dress held hands with the 750-pound bear as she leaned in for a kiss. 

In one image, a woman in a full-length fairy-tale dress held hands with the 750-pound bear as she leaned in for a kiss 

In one image, a woman in a full-length fairy-tale dress held hands with the 750-pound bear as she leaned in for a kiss

Models have flocked from all over the world to work with Stepan. Pictured is a model in a headdress 

Models have flocked from all over the world to work with Stepan. Pictured is a model in a headdress 

Mila says that shooting with Stepan is 'such as treat' she has to 'restrain her emotions' adding that she wanted to show that Russians smile in the shoot 

Mila says that shooting with Stepan is 'such as treat' she has to 'restrain her emotions' adding that she wanted to show that Russians smile in the shoot

In another, the bear wrapped its hands around a lollipop offered to him by one of his fellow models.

One shot shows a model in a stunning red dress feeding the bear while another shows a model leaning in and cuddling Stepan. 

The brown bear has become a widely used symbol in Russia. 

Currently, its emblazoned on the logo of the United Russia political party.

Models have flown from Thailand, Australia, Germany, the UK, and Israel to work with Stepan. Pictured: Stwpan with a model 

Models have flown from Thailand, Australia, Germany, the UK, and Israel to work with Stepan. Pictured: Stwpan with a model

Photographer Mila Zhdanova with Stepan the bear. The bear has worked in the forest and in the snow 

Photographer Mila Zhdanova with Stepan the bear. The bear has worked in the forest and in the snow

Stepan only works for 30 minutes so Mila took the images over several months and dressed models in traditional garments 

Stepan only works for 30 minutes so Mila took the images over several months and dressed models in traditional garments 

Stepan holds hands with this model in a snowy forest in Moscow, as the bear was raised by humans he is very friendly 

Stepan holds hands with this model in a snowy forest in Moscow, as the bear was raised by humans he is very friendly

Mila said that Stepan is easy to work with and she has more trouble photographing kittens than him 

Mila said that Stepan is easy to work with and she has more trouble photographing kittens than him

Stepan leans in for a kiss with this model: Photographer Mila says she hopes to see the strength and beauty in animals  

Stepan leans in for a kiss with this model: Photographer Mila says she hopes to see the strength and beauty in animals 

Photographer, Mila Zhdanova who loves working with Bear and has models from all over the world travel to work with him 

Photographer, Mila Zhdanova who loves working with Bear and has models from all over the world travel to work with him

Amazing photo's, glad the bear is enjoying it, or is it the treats and cuddles he gets?

Oh I think this bear is a darling, so glad he found a life that he feels safe in and loved.

World's loneliest elephant finally has a new home arranged for him after 35 years where he will get to see out his days with friends World's loneliest elephant finally has a new home arranged for him

It was revealed today that Kaavan - dubbed the world's loneliest elephant by supporters - will be taken to the Cambodia Wildlife Sanctuary, where he will spend the rest of his days with new friends and be given the care he needs. After an inspection last month, animal welfare charity Four Paws found a list of illnesses plaguing Kaavan due to his enforced isolation. Dr Amir Khalil, from the charity, said: 'Due to the lack of any exercise whatsoever and inappropriate diet, his toe nails are in very bad condition due to the lack of proper foot care and appropriate flooring. Mentally, he was also in a poor state - showing severe stereotypical behaviour and also aggressive attitude to humans.' For a large portion of his life, Kaavan was accompanied by his partner Saheli in his abysmal conditions, but after her death eight years ago, he was completely alone. After Saheli died, Kaavan's aggression towards humans became worse and zookeepers chained him on a short leash, not knowing how else to manage him. After it emerged that the lonely elephant was tied up at all times animal activists around the world and celebrities including US singer Cher, lobbied for his relocation.

So glad they finally got him a better place to live, good on Cher and other celebrities for helping achieve this. Wish that it had not taken so long.

I do not understand how people can be so cruel to animals and humans, it is not only physical but mental cruelty like people that are nasty to others over the net, how many teenagers take their own lives when they suffer mental cruelty, I wonder also how many adults do also.

It’s Official: Study Finds That Watching Cute Animals is Good for Your HealthBy Good News Network -   RedditMore

There may be a good reason for why we love to watch little piglets and fluffy ducks online.

Seeing adorable animals actually helps to reduce stress levels in humans, researchers at England’s University of Leeds have found.

Forest Simon

And we don’t need to see adorable critters in real life for them to have an impact on our sense of wellbeing.

Partnering with Tourism Western Australia, the University of Leeds explored the physiological and psychological impact of ‘cute’ animals on students and staff at the college.

RELATEDVideos Capture Penguins Going On Adorable ‘Field Trip’ Around Their Aquarium During Shutdowns

According to a statement, 19 participants were asked to watch a 30-minute slide show that included images and short video clips of a range of animals, including Australia’s iconic marsupial the quokka.

15 of the 19 participants were due to take an exam 90 minutes after watching the slide show. The remaining four participants were academic support staff who had declared they were feeling stressed at 

Heart rates for every single participant dropped after viewing images and videos of cute animals for just 30 minutes.

The average blood pressure (BP) across all participants also dropped: from 136/88 to 115/71—moving the group average to within the ideal blood pressure range.

Participants who watched the half-hour slideshow also had to answer 20 questions so researchers could assess stress levels under the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory.

In individual cases, anxiety levels dropped by almost 50%: proving viewing cute animals can be a powerful stress reliever and a mood enhancer.

CHECK OUT: Belgian Man Strikes Up Friendship With Owl Family After They Discover Mutual Love of Television

In fact, across all measures there was a drop in anxiety and stress as a result of watching the short slide show.

So what’s best: images of cute animals, videos, or the real thing?

Dr. Andrea Utley, who led the study, commented, “It would appear that images appeal but video clips are more meaningful, and I would therefore expect that physical closeness [with animals] would be even better.”

There were meant to be eight sessions total, but because of the pandemic the remainder have been postponed. According to CNN, Utley is nevertheless looking at online options so the study can continue.

But we knew that already didn't we!

Here is the Quokka video that the above article relates to:

https://youtu.be/TR2yAF0OaJQ

LOL yes and they are SO cute!  Have not been over on the island for some time now, but always remember seeing them walking around. Thanks for that Incognito, I think I will send it over to some friends overseas.

That is a nice gesture to send overseas, I loved it and wanted to share some happiness. I only ever saw them once many years ago, one day hope to go again.

You're kitten me... Pet cat fights her own reflection after seeing it in the mirror for the first time

The two-year-old British shorthair, named Qian Wan or 'Hundreds of Thousands', suddenly became hostile after seeing herself in the mirror for the first time. Footage shows the feline hissing and scratching the furniture belligerently, trying to fight her own reflection. Ms Deng, 27, told MailOnline that Qian Wan would fight her reflection whenever she walked past the mirror.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8818873/Pet-cat-fights-reflection-seeing-mirror-time.html#v-4538554376424700005

[This video shows the cat is really angry!  I have seen this reaction before but not as bad a reaction is this!  LOL]

Very funny.

The German Shepherd who refused to die: Dog who was 'put down' with a lethal injection and then buried DIGS himself out then crawls to safety

Healthy dog who was given 'lethal injection' and buried by his owners DIGS himself out of

Kiryusha, a seven-year-old German Shepherd was spotted by kindly motorist Olga Lystseva, 39, on a highway in northern Russia.She handed him to dog rescue service Kind City in Ukhta. Although the owners claimed the dog was 'unhealthy', tests run by a ve

Poor dog ... great that he was rescued and things turned out well for him.

Kiryusha has no medical problems and is now fostered by a local family.

What a story, amazing how he was still alive, poor thing, but fantastic he got a second chance in life and a happy ending.

James Middleton.

In August, James said he 'owed his dogs his life' as he appeared on BBC's Sunday Live. 

In a clip shared on his Instagram page, James explained: 'For me, during troubled times and good times, they're my consistent....I would go so far as to say that I owe Ella my life, and she doesn't know that.' 

Sharing the interview online, James wrote: 'Dogs don’t just change lives...they save them.  

He introduced five of his pups to the presenter before adding: 'They're a very, very loyal companion.'

He explained how one of his dogs had been central in giving him confidence in seeking help, saying: 'I got this diagnosis and Ella came to all of my therapy sessions, which I was reluctant to go from the start. But with her by my side, I really became confident in understanding that I had a mental illness.'  

In May, James revealed how his dogs were his 'medicine' amid his mental health battle as he opens up about how his pets have helped him with his therapy. 

James during a reading at his sister The Duchess of Cambridge's wedding to Prince William in 2011 James during a reading at his sister The Duchess of Cambridge's wedding to Prince William in 2011 

'From my own experiences with suffering with mental health and depression and anxiety, it was over the last three or so years that I've really discovered how much animals were actually helping me. I didn't really immediately realise.

'Over time Ella came to all my therapy sessions and various other events and she was that person that actually I could talk to but without being judged. She was a very good listener, she distracted me from various things.

'And that's when I thought, actually there's something here and discovered Pets As Therapy and straight away managed to get an assessment and Ella was signed up not that long after.

He added: 'And ever since then... I truly believe animals are medicine and they really are incredible for our own wellbeing.'

The entrepreneur, who has been frank about his struggles with mental health in an effort to raise awareness around the topic, has nine dogs (pictured) The entrepreneur, who has been frank about his struggles with mental health in an effort to raise awareness around the topic, has nine dogs (pictured)

When speaking about the times he had suicidal thoughts, James previously said to The Telegraph that he 'needed a way out' but couldn't bear to leave his family or dogs. 

James has also opened up about his depression in an interview with The Mail when he said his depression was like 'a cancer of the mind'.

He said that he suffered in silence as his mental health deteriorated and described feeling like he was a 'complete failure' as his depression spiralled.

James immersed himself in recovery and underwent nearly a year of cognitive behavioral therapy where his family attended some of the sessions.

Yes, why there was a big increase in people buying animals as pets during the pandemic.

Two new species of aquatic mice with elongated feet and water-resistant fur discovered in the Congo are among the 'world's rarest mammals', study finds 

Researchers from the Field Museum, Chicago, say the mice are native to the remote Congo basin and evaded scientific detection due to political unrest in the area.

Thnaks Celia ... interesting little creatures.

'Stilt mice' feast on water-dwelling insects in swamps, streams and rivers and use their whiskers on the water's surface to detect movements of insects - like sonar. 

Great to hear of new discoveries amongst the world of extinctions.

MOST SHY ANIMALS | Cute baby animals, Baby animals, Cute animals

Austinite Uses Goats to Raise Awareness about Sustainable Living

Adorable, the animals and the flowers.

One could not get those sweet animals to pose like that you would need to come across them very gently to photo them.

Account Suspended | Cute animals, Animals, Cute baby animals

I want one! So cute.

So sweet, bless their little cotton socks!

What's Your Animal Personality Type? | Animals, Cute baby animals, Cute  animals

How sweet.

Just in the right place at the right time!

They are come over so delicate and fragile.

Deers Cutest Wild Animals #wildlife #romania #forest #woods #outdoors  #nature #photos #photography #cuteanimals #beaut… | Cute wild animals,  Animals, Forest animals

deer | animal + wildlife photography | Most beautiful animals, Animals  beautiful, Nature animals

FirstPrev 116 117 118 119 120 NextLast(page 118/141)
1961 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment