$4.99 Aldi wine wins double gold at wine competition

The Melbourne International Wine Competition was run and won for 2021 in late October with over 1000 submissions among 50 categories and two Aldi wines received the highest prize, a double gold rating.

The Bordeaux Les Maurins Sauvignon Blanc 2020, at $6.99 received Double Gold while the South Point Estate Sparkling Chardonnay Pinot Noir NV, priced at $4.99 also received Double Gold.

How many Double Gold ratings do they hand out?

For the Sparking Wines category in which the South Point Estate wine resides, just two!

Have you bought any award winning wines from Aldi previously? What did you think of them?

5 comments

My favourite drop is non alcoholic

Edenvale cuvee non alcoholic wine

Edenvale Sparkling Cuvee

CHOICE Score: 62%

Price: $9.50Alc/

Vol: <0.5Volume: 750mL

I'm somewhat at a loss. You state that the Melbourne International Wine Festival was run and won for 2021 in late October. As today is the 6th of September 2021, my question is, are you clairvoyant or do you hold a great number of Aldi shares. As Pauline Hanson would say, Please Explain. Jacka.

aldi is a family owed german company, hence there are no shares available to be bought or sold.

Thanks Undead, I think you missed the point. Jacka.

The South Point $4.99 has been winning competition for years now. best bubbly on the market for us poorer people.

5 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment