$400 tooth extraction.

Well, actually it was only $375.20 - I got a pensioner discount. No, it wasn't me, it was my dog. She somehow managed to get a broken tooth, which exposed some of the pulp. It must have been sore, but she gave no indication. I saw it on my weekly inspection of her eyes ears nose and mouth. She had it extracted yesterday. She was a bit wobbly and glazed eyed when I picked her up from the vet, but this morning she seems fine, even though I imagine it's still a bit sore. Glad it doesn't happen too often.

5 comments

It is a lot of money but of course you know your best friend relies on you and you came through for her. Such a darling dog you have and she is lucky to have you.

May good things happen for you Bev.

We are told how good it is for us to have a pet, but with the vet prices lot of people don't

dare to chance it. The other sad thing is that lot of people who have pets don't take them to the doctor when they suffer.

My son's little terrier developed an ongoing illness, fortunately he can afford the cure - and even if he couldn't we would scrape the money together - but I don't dare to get an other little companion - mind you, I always take care of somebody else's pets, it seems to be my destiny ?

I put aside a bit each fortnight for vet expenses - you never know when something like this will come up. She's fine now, even wanted a game of fetch ball, but I thought it was too soon, she's still on soft food for a few more days, so heaven only knows what a ball would do to her mouth.

Animals are amaZING LITTLE FOLK--WHEN i WAS A VET NURSE--IF WE HAD TO AMPUTATE A LEG FROM A DOG--THEY WERE UP THE VERY NEXT DAY RUNNING AROUND so sorry about the caps lock

It was awful when I came home and she wasn't there to greet me. No way I could do without a little beastie. Just need that company.

5 comments

To make a comment, please register or login

Preview your comment